Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302280 times)

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #560 on: 02 February 2017, 15:50 »
My thoughts are the new road tax for cars registered  April onwards. Does the R fall into the £500 1st year?
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #561 on: 02 February 2017, 16:31 »
From the brochure and pricing posted by Andrew in the other thread (https://www.dropbox.com/s/0yc23m8tq3qxb5x/2017%20golf%20pricelist.pdf?dl=0)

The GTD Blueline seems to only differ in wheels:

Alloy wheels, four 7½J x 17" ‘Curitiba’ with 225/45 R17 tyres and anti-theft wheel bolts

vs the "full blood" GTD:

Alloy wheels, four 7½J x 18" ‘Seville’ with 225/40 R18 tyres and anti-theft wheel bolts

Tyres are the same width...

I also noticed this little gem:

Please note: When the navigation map
is displayed in the Active Info Display in
conjunction with the Discover Navigation
system, the navigation map cannot be
displayed on the Discover Navigation’s
8.0" infotainment touch-screen

Looks like that is some sort of screen throw its doing or it hasn't got enough CPU power to drive both. Certainly seems like Active Info is driven by the MIB3.

I see if you have Lane Assist with Traffic Jam assist now its added the extra sensor for Rear Traffic Alert (like Front Assist but for things hitting you up the arse)... but says its for 5 door only! In fact all of the Lane Assist package variants say 5 door only.

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #562 on: 02 February 2017, 16:43 »
On another note - Golf GTI Performance seems to have disappeared/not made it. Not even in the downloadable pricing packs. Anyone heard any news of whether this is going to hit the UK? Or are they still fixing the website?
It is mentioned in the brochure pdf, but not the pricing pdf. Try searching the document for the words 'performance pack' or 'GTI performance'. The Technical specification section lists the GTI performance pact with all details TBA - to be announced.

The google translation of a German forum mentioned that it would be BW6 before it would be announced. That would mean next week, I think. Though another person said it might not be announced until BW9 at the end of February.

The Swedish and Czech websites list the GTI PP model, but have no details.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline david25

• I live here
« Reply #563 on: 02 February 2017, 19:17 »
Any pics of the optional (GTI)

Art Velours upholstery in Black/Flint Grey ‘Sports Honeycomb’ design
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #564 on: 02 February 2017, 20:11 »
Any pics of the optional (GTI)

Art Velours upholstery in Black/Flint Grey ‘Sports Honeycomb’ design

I'm sure thats the one on page 53+54 on this thread. Black/Red though.

Offline karlak

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #565 on: 02 February 2017, 22:34 »
Is there anywhere that explains what the "virtual cockpit" actually offers, the options of screens etc ?

Thought I had decided not to go for another GTD, but this has put a spanner in the works....  Will the new GTD be any quicker or economical given the 7 speed gearbox ?
Ordered 06/01/14.  5DR GTD DSG, Red. Park Assist | Rear Camera | Keyless entry | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | Pro Nav.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #566 on: 02 February 2017, 22:53 »
Is there anywhere that explains what the "virtual cockpit" actually offers, the options of screens etc ?

Thought I had decided not to go for another GTD, but this has put a spanner in the works....  Will the new GTD be any quicker or economical given the 7 speed gearbox ?
There are videos on youtube of the Passat Active Info Display. I was just looking on youtube and I'm still not impressed :sad:

The new 7-speed box is 0.1sec faster i.e. not noticeable. On paper the fuel economy is only slightly better too. Though it will remain to seen if real world economy is better as VW said it would be.

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #567 on: 03 February 2017, 06:24 »

There are videos on youtube of the Passat Active Info Display. I was just looking on youtube and I'm still not impressed :sad:

The new 7-speed box is 0.1sec faster i.e. not noticeable. On paper the fuel economy is only slightly better too. Though it will remain to seen if real world economy is better as VW said it would be.

Where did you find the info about the 7-speed dsg? :)
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #568 on: 03 February 2017, 07:38 »

... page 33 of the brochure pdf downloaded from the VW UK website.

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #569 on: 03 February 2017, 09:50 »

... page 33 of the brochure pdf downloaded from the VW UK website.

I only see "TBA"  att the most numbers on the PP on page 33.. :sad:
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/