Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302284 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #480 on: 15 January 2017, 09:19 »
The rears maybe... as they are just a another set of LED units with a different design. So I'd hazard a guess that those would be plug and play.

The fronts - definitely not, or certainly not straightforward  - you'd be going from xenons to LED and god knows how many differences there are in the connecting looms in that case.

Both front and rear would cost you a small fortune in any case. Easier to trade the car in.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #481 on: 15 January 2017, 09:47 »
Will the front and rear lights from the face lift be able to be retro fitted to the non face lift model?

Have the body panels changed at all i.e. cutouts around the headlights, or are the headlight housings any different in shape or size?

If not, then there's a chance they're a straight swap, if the controllers in the old Golf are the same as those in the facelift.

We won't know until someone tries it.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #482 on: 15 January 2017, 10:16 »
Body panels haven't changed at all afaik.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #483 on: 15 January 2017, 10:45 »

Front wings have changed, according to the information on VW's website (3rd paragraph in the link below);

'The modifications include new bumpers at the front and rear, new halogen headlights with LED daytime running lights, new full LED headlights instead of xenon headlights, new front wings, new full LED tail lights'

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/about-us/news/768/the-launch-of-the-new-golf-for-2017
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #484 on: 15 January 2017, 10:51 »

Front wings have changed, according to the information on VW's website (3rd paragraph in the link below);

'The modifications include new bumpers at the front and rear, new halogen headlights with LED daytime running lights, new full LED headlights instead of xenon headlights, new front wings, new full LED tail lights'

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/about-us/news/768/the-launch-of-the-new-golf-for-2017

They do look identical to me as do the shape of the headlights. The above could be a combination of marketing blurb and poor German-English translation...

I guess we won't know for sure until we see a FL in the metal, but yeah it'll only takes a slight difference to make any retrofitting impossible.

Offline cosmos

• Not said much yet
« Reply #485 on: 15 January 2017, 11:48 »
Motor 1.com in its latest article of Vienna Motor Show has probably 1st seen picture of new facelifted GTD in Indium Grey I presume. Sorry I can't fathom out how to get a photo of it on here.  Another techy may be able to do it though?  I'm a Carbon Grey fan - but as that's discontinued then Indium Grey it may have to be when I order.

Not a big fan of any of the new wheel styles on any of these but like some of these new paint colours.
Golf GTI PP | DSG | 5 door | Carbon Steel Grey | DCC | Tech Pack | Parking Pack

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #486 on: 15 January 2017, 12:22 »
That's a bit battleship grey isn't it. Very dark. I've seen Indium grey in the metal on Passats/Tiguans and I didn't think it was as dreary as that.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #487 on: 15 January 2017, 13:07 »
That does look a bit dark for Indium but it might just be the lighting or camera setting/filter?

Then again it's not unknown for VW to display a car at a show that's not on the standard palette.

I have to agree that the new styles of alloys are a bit fussy. Such a shame they've discontinued the Nogaros which were a very elegant design and somehow just looked right on a mk7 Golf.

The Brescias have really grown on me. I didn't like them at first but now they'd be the first option I'd tick.

I like the LED headlights but the bumper design has got a bit overly fussy too.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline karlak

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #488 on: 15 January 2017, 16:47 »
Any news when the GTD can be ordered in the UK ?
Ordered 06/01/14.  5DR GTD DSG, Red. Park Assist | Rear Camera | Keyless entry | Dynaudio | Winter Pack | Pro Nav.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #489 on: 16 January 2017, 13:38 »
Any news when the GTD can be ordered in the UK ?
... the short answer is, no.

Educated guess... the order books are expected to open at the beginning of February. However, the performance models may not be available immediately. For example the GTD did not appear on the German configurator until 1 month after the facelift appeared. And I still don't see the GTI PP.

Though maybe they will have all the variations available on the UK configurator at the beginning, because all the decisions have already been made for the German site.

Then we can start speculating on delivery times. :undecided:

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS