Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302284 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #470 on: 10 January 2017, 15:43 »
They'll wear out about 2 month before you decide to change the car, having lived with them 3 years and wishing you'd changed them sooner. :whistle:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #471 on: 10 January 2017, 16:24 »
The GTD kept its Bridgestones - if i'd changed tyres and it solved the tramping, I doubt i'd have got an R - I was fine with the GTD's output with the DTUK box on. The R will give you off the line traction, which will solve tramping, but if the tyres are crap your on the move grip will still be bad - as it was for my R on Bridgestones, promptinge to get the PSS put on.

Does your GTD tramp without a DTUK box on now you have Michelins (I am right in thinking you have a DTUK box?).

Yeah I have the DTUK box and it tramps but it also tramps without the box.

It always does it when I am trying to move into a space on a busy roundabout. It can be quite dangerous at times. The Michelins did help but didn't completely cure it.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #472 on: 12 January 2017, 12:05 »
VW are claiming that the new 7-speed DSG will make the facelift GTD slightly more fuel efficient and use less CO2.

Lets hope they are telling the truth and these figures will be achievable in the real world.

For those that are interested in performance - torque remains at 380Nm, 0-62 changes from 7.5 to 7.4 (I doubt if that will be noticable :rolleyes: )

On the left are the old figures and on the right are the new figures. The 06 addendum are for the standardised EU figures -

... it may be hard to read those figures off the screen shot

Urban -           old 5.7, new 5.4 = 50mpg up to 52mpg
Extra- urban - old 4.4, new 4.2 = 64mpg up to 67mpg
Combined -     old 4.8, new 4.6 = 59mpg up to 61mpg

C02 - old 127, new 122

Not much change but VW are saying these figures should be more achievable in the real world.

« Last Edit: 12 January 2017, 12:45 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #473 on: 12 January 2017, 13:03 »
I was just comparing the fuel figures for the facelift GTD and the Golf R. VW claim the DSG Golf R is more economical than the manual. However, the manual GTD is still more economical than the new 7-speed DSG.  :huh:
« Last Edit: 12 January 2017, 13:05 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #474 on: 14 January 2017, 17:09 »
Motor 1.com in its latest article of Vienna Motor Show has probably 1st seen picture of new facelifted GTD in Indium Grey I presume. Sorry I can't fathom out how to get a photo of it on here.  Another techy may be able to do it though?  I'm a Carbon Grey fan - but as that's discontinued then Indium Grey it may have to be when I order.
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline TonyJ

• Not said much yet
« Reply #475 on: 14 January 2017, 18:00 »
All the dealers are telling me that it is no longer possible to order a Golf pending the facelifted version being available.

Has anyone been told any dates when the order books are open again?  I've been told, pretty vaguely, sometime in February.

I'm wanting to order a GTD ... missed the boat on ordering a pre-facelift version .... hopefully the personal lease costs are not too much higher with the facelifted version .

Any idea why there is such a gap before orders can be placed? The German website has all the models on now, so presumably you can order a facelifted version in Germany? It just seems like VW are potentially losing business. Why not open the order book, but have a longer lead time if necessary?
Current - Golf GTD Mk8
Previous - T-Roc R
Previous - Golf GTD Mk 7.5
Previous - Golf GTD Mk 7

Offline jjgreenwood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #476 on: 14 January 2017, 18:11 »
All the dealers are telling me that it is no longer possible to order a Golf pending the facelifted version being available.

Has anyone been told any dates when the order books are open again?  I've been told, pretty vaguely, sometime in February.

I'm wanting to order a GTD ... missed the boat on ordering a pre-facelift version .... hopefully the personal lease costs are not too much higher with the facelifted version .

Any idea why there is such a gap before orders can be placed? The German website has all the models on now, so presumably you can order a facelifted version in Germany? It just seems like VW are potentially losing business. Why not open the order book, but have a longer lead time if necessary?

Cos they need to sell off old Golf first
Sales Manager - Inchcape Volkswagen Swindon

VW Golf GTI Clubsport S - GO15 CSS

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #477 on: 14 January 2017, 20:08 »

Cos they need to sell off old Golf first

There are a fair few lease deals on 5 door GTD's out there so they may still have stock.
I have been looking for a deal on an R but not having much luck.
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline jjgreenwood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #478 on: 14 January 2017, 21:19 »
They flying out at current discounts so it won't be long before the stocks are emptied.
Sales Manager - Inchcape Volkswagen Swindon

VW Golf GTI Clubsport S - GO15 CSS

Online mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #479 on: 15 January 2017, 08:19 »
Will the front and rear lights from the face lift be able to be retro fitted to the non face lift model?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.