Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302285 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #420 on: 30 December 2016, 17:21 »
Thanks - I was reading this earlier:

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/discover-vauxhall/technology/wltp.html

Reading that, the figures go up rather than down?

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #421 on: 30 December 2016, 17:32 »
Thanks - I was reading this earlier:

http://www.vauxhall.co.uk/discover-vauxhall/technology/wltp.html

Reading that, the figures go up rather than down?

No they go down. The "from" figure will be the worst figure (urban), the "to" figure will be the best figure "extra urban" part of the cycle. Compare MEDC "from" or "to" figures with those from the new WLTP cycle and you see them drop for each engine. They look pretty realistic on the WLTP cycle. When you see the 1.4 100ps engine with an old extra urban value of 67mpg, and the new WLTP figure of 52mpg, it seems about right. My old "67mpg"  GTD gave around 50mpg combined.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #422 on: 31 December 2016, 17:10 »
Alot depends on what colour your gonna be wanting on a facelift or new golf as I notice they have tweaked the colour options and done away with the carbon grey to me seems to be a mistake as it's a very nice colour albeit I'm not  bias but it's a shame  :whistle: :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #423 on: 31 December 2016, 17:27 »
Alot depends on what colour your gonna be wanting on a facelift or new golf as I notice they have tweaked the colour options and done away with the carbon grey to me seems to be a mistake as it's a very nice colour albeit I'm not  bias but it's a shame  :whistle: :whistle:

Where did you get the information that they are dropping carbon grey? Seems a mad seeing as most GTi and GTD's I see on the road are that colour.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #424 on: 31 December 2016, 17:34 »

Where did you get the information that they are dropping carbon grey? Seems a mad seeing as most GTi and GTD's I see on the road are that colour.

Official VW notification:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=278756.0
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #425 on: 31 December 2016, 19:03 »

Official VW notification:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=278756.0

Wow, the only colours I was interested in was carbon, pearl black or night blue and the only one I don't see around that much is night blue so I went with that and that is now gone too. Funnily enough what made my mind up was on the way to the dealer I was driving behind a night blue GTi
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #426 on: 31 December 2016, 19:07 »
No doubt they will be replaced with other colours, probably similar ones.

Carbon grey does seem one of the more popular colours you see on the road.

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #427 on: 31 December 2016, 19:19 »
My interpretation of the colours thing is that the notice in the link refers to the run out of the Mk7. We don't yet have full ordering details for the Mk7.5, but, no doubt, there will again be a full range of colours available.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #428 on: 31 December 2016, 22:39 »

Got it from Vw site if you go to order a car and start from scratch with new build options you will see the carbon grey is missing from the colour line up.
As said yeah it's a very popular colour tbh was the only colour I wanted when I built mine it does seem mad of Vw to drop it but I can only go on the options available  :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #429 on: 01 January 2017, 01:19 »
If you check out the German configurator posted up on here in another thread you'll see the 'new' colours.
Evo1986 also posted up an official VW document where it states that Carbon Grey is now replaced by Indium Grey, a Scirocco (and Passat?) colour up until now. 
Night Blue seems to have been replaced by a lighter blue and silver is now silver white or white silver.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner