Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302289 times)

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #380 on: 22 December 2016, 11:12 »
Great find, just configured an R and came out at 50,000 euros  :shocked:

At this stage the U.K. Audi website is a better place to check the likely cost of a Golf. A similar spec Audi should be a couple of grand more than a facelift Golf.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #381 on: 22 December 2016, 11:21 »
The German configurator is no indication of what's available in other markets.
I thought the Golf R facelift would have the same engine as the UK Audi S3. Yet the CO2 figures quoted on the German website for Golf R are different. Maybe they have tweaked the engine (or the figures  :undecided:) slightly for the UK engines. It's probably no coincidence that the Stronic figure is just under the new £500 road tax bracket for the UK.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #382 on: 22 December 2016, 12:31 »
The new 7-speed DSG is available for the Golf R on the German configurator. Looking at the Audi S3 figures, it is both faster and more economical. Does anyone know when/if this options will be available on other engines?
« Last Edit: 22 December 2016, 13:10 by Daz Auto »

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #383 on: 22 December 2016, 13:12 »
VW said at the facelift launch that 7 speed DSG was being introduced across the Golf range "gradually", but didn't say which vehicles would get it first or when.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #384 on: 22 December 2016, 15:09 »
Have to say that really do not like the face lift,

Front end looks too forced, as if someone has said it must make a statement, but by doing so have gone too far, and would go as far to say as looks a little grotesque with bottom half out of step with top half of the front end, - less bulging and more subtlety to fall somewhere between the present and this maybe, but definitely gone too far and losing the chrome edging on the skirt is another step back

The wheels if the standard are better than the Cadiz but little underwhelming and the Pretoria still stand apart for me (though there might be other options on FL to consider)

The rear skirting is minor dislike in comparison, as the additional honeycomb seals off the tailpipes, makes less prominent, and make very Audi, reminding me of my last S Line A3

The lights now look like the GTI and you have lost the uniqueness of the double U that differentiated the R from other performance Golfs - You see R coming a mile off but you will have trouble telling them now as most models have angular DRL - think the change worked well on GTI but step back on the R as loses some identity

Think we would all like bigger and high def screen but LED dials and touch less environments are meh, and pretty glad avoided for at least one cycle with experience contained to my PS4

Its nice to see these though as eradicated any thought of missing out on anything and that been elevated to feeling of addition by subtraction as feel got the better deal
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline brettblade

• Here all the time
« Reply #385 on: 23 December 2016, 12:31 »
Have to say that really do not like the face lift,

Front end looks too forced, as if someone has said it must make a statement, but by doing so have gone too far, and would go as far to say as looks a little grotesque with bottom half out of step with top half of the front end, - less bulging and more subtlety to fall somewhere between the present and this maybe, but definitely gone too far and losing the chrome edging on the skirt is another step back

The wheels if the standard are better than the Cadiz but little underwhelming and the Pretoria still stand apart for me (though there might be other options on FL to consider)

The rear skirting is minor dislike in comparison, as the additional honeycomb seals off the tailpipes, makes less prominent, and make very Audi, reminding me of my last S Line A3

The lights now look like the GTI and you have lost the uniqueness of the double U that differentiated the R from other performance Golfs - You see R coming a mile off but you will have trouble telling them now as most models have angular DRL - think the change worked well on GTI but step back on the R as loses some identity

Think we would all like bigger and high def screen but LED dials and touch less environments are meh, and pretty glad avoided for at least one cycle with experience contained to my PS4

Its nice to see these though as eradicated any thought of missing out on anything and that been elevated to feeling of addition by subtraction as feel got the better deal

I agree Hertsman, was always going to be a bit of a risk when I ordered my Mk7 earlier this year, but having now seen the facelift I'm not the least bit disappointed with my decision.
Orded 04/06/2016
Build W/C 01/08/2016
Handover 01/09/2016
GTI PP, CSG, Tech pack, parking pack, 90% tints, DCC, 19" Santiago alloys
Soon to be gone!

7.5R Indium Grey, 19” Spielbergs expected 01/03/2019.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #386 on: 23 December 2016, 12:48 »
It still has double DRL's vs only single on a GTI...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #387 on: 23 December 2016, 16:57 »
It still has double DRL's vs only single on a GTI...
« Last Edit: 23 December 2016, 16:59 by Daz Auto »

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
« Reply #388 on: 23 December 2016, 19:31 »
VW said at the facelift launch that 7 speed DSG was being introduced across the Golf range "gradually", but didn't say which vehicles would get it first or when.
Someone on another forum is saying that the new 7 speed DSG will be available with the performance pack GTI. Maybe this is where the VAQ LSD shows it's worth. I'm wondering if 245PS and the extra performance from this box is going to require the VAQ LSD?

From what I can gather - for most drivers - the performance pack was/is not really worth it.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #389 on: 23 December 2016, 20:22 »
Someone on another forum is saying that the new 7 speed DSG will be available with the performance pack GTI. Maybe this is where the VAQ LSD shows it's worth. I'm wondering if 245PS and the extra performance from this box is going to require the VAQ LSD?

From what I can gather - for most drivers - the performance pack was/is not really worth it.

For everyday driving I'd agree about the PP. But, for that one occasion when the better brakes make the difference between an accident and a near miss, worth every penny. On a cosmetic front, worth it for the brake calipers as they look great.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.