Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302280 times)

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #330 on: 14 November 2016, 12:09 »
I thought the radar sensor was now integrated?

That's what I thought too, if new sensor is behind the VW badge, could be the new charging point on GTE? But then it looks identical to our current sensor...

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #331 on: 14 November 2016, 12:41 »
That's what I thought too, if new sensor is behind the VW badge, could be the new charging point on GTE? But then it looks identical to our current sensor...
... you got it. The GTE charge point must be behind the badge. So the radar sensor has to remain in the lower grill.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #332 on: 14 November 2016, 16:37 »
... you got it. The GTE charge point must be behind the badge. So the radar sensor has to remain in the lower grill.

Of course!  :laugh:

Offline cosmos

• Not said much yet
« Reply #333 on: 14 November 2016, 17:57 »
I really like that yellow colour. Wouldn't work with the red GTI details but a Golf R in that colour would be great.

Overall I'm quite pleased with the changes as they're not that noticeable so I don't feel like my GTI is going to look outdated too quickly. Look forward to see what they'll do in a few years with the Mk8
Golf GTI PP | DSG | 5 door | Carbon Steel Grey | DCC | Tech Pack | Parking Pack

Offline Zayd

• Not said much yet
« Reply #334 on: 20 November 2016, 15:14 »
I'm actually glad now, that I'm getting the pre facelift version.  After comparing numerous photos, in my opinion the current GTI's front bumper looks more aggressive and most notably around the fog light area.
Turbocharged and liking it...

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #335 on: 20 November 2016, 15:35 »
I'm actually glad now, that I'm getting the pre facelift version.  After comparing numerous photos, in my opinion the current GTI's front bumper looks more aggressive and most notably around the fog light area.

I'm not overly keen on the FL GTI bumper either. It looks a bit fussy where as the current/outgoing car looks quite pretty with simple lines.
The FL headlamps look good though.

Plus the other FL models shown so far look a lot sharper than the current 'sub' R Line and performance models which look a bit dowdy.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the R. 
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline TonyJ

• Not said much yet
« Reply #336 on: 22 November 2016, 08:51 »
My GTD will be 3 years old in March, so looking to order another soon.
Have spoken to five VW dealers about the facelift. None of them know any more than what is shown on the VW website. One, inexplicably, did not even seem to know that there was one imminent.

Factory orders for the Golf R have now been stopped - a dealer told me that this was to ensure a smooth switchover to the facelifted model

Has anyone heard any info about the GTD? .

Bit of a dilemma  -  order a GTD now, and get a reasonably good deal on the pre-facelifted model, or wait, and perhaps pay a lot more for a model which is virtually unchanged.

Any thoughts?
Current - Golf GTD Mk8
Previous - T-Roc R
Previous - Golf GTD Mk 7.5
Previous - Golf GTD Mk 7

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #337 on: 22 November 2016, 11:01 »
My GTD will be 3 years old in March, so looking to order another soon.
Have spoken to five VW dealers about the facelift. None of them know any more than what is shown on the VW website. One, inexplicably, did not even seem to know that there was one imminent.

Factory orders for the Golf R have now been stopped - a dealer told me that this was to ensure a smooth switchover to the facelifted model

Has anyone heard any info about the GTD? .

Bit of a dilemma  -  order a GTD now, and get a reasonably good deal on the pre-facelifted model, or wait, and perhaps pay a lot more for a model which is virtually unchanged.

Any thoughts?

They didn't show any pictures/details of the facelifted GTD but you can take it as a given that it'll take most of the same cues as the GTI minus the red stripes (new bumpers, lights, etc). Then it's a question of whether they make any mechanical changes...

As for the dealers knowing nothing - that's not inexplicable at all, it's par for the course.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline jjgreenwood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #338 on: 04 December 2016, 18:29 »
Got some new information about this today as a company car customer came in and was upset she knew more than us. Her list had the p11D of a new SE Nav 2.0TDI 150ps DSG as £27kish so I guess we are expecting a big price increase. GTD, GTI and GTE were all on the list and GTD was 184ps so no new diesel engines I guess.
Sales Manager - Inchcape Volkswagen Swindon

VW Golf GTI Clubsport S - GO15 CSS

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #339 on: 04 December 2016, 18:49 »
You'll almost certainly be seeing a significant price increase, possibly loss or reduction in deposit contribution and they might hit it with the ugly stick a little. If it gets any more equipment, you'll be paying for it - VW gives nothing away. I'd personally get one ordered now if i was looking to order a GTD - judging by the A3's facelift, it's unlikely to get a power increase (the R is almost a cert to get another 10ps and access to the 7speed DSG).
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.