Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302286 times)

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #240 on: 09 November 2016, 23:00 »

http://www.cars-power.com/news/2017-vw-golf-facelift-leaked-before-official-debut/
... there are different exhaust on those photos!

I doubt if those are real. I'll comment tomorrow.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline LRWmotorsport

• Here all the time
« Reply #241 on: 10 November 2016, 06:33 »
The wheels in the pics remind me of a MK4 GTI
2015 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd #55
2016 BRSCC PGTI Championship 2nd (again) #25 & BARC Intermarque
2017 BRSCC PGTI CHAMPIONS #24

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #242 on: 10 November 2016, 08:17 »
The exhausts are different on them photos, some integrated, others standard, so not entirely sure they real though accept it's what expecting.

Think the face lift exterior would look different but not necessarily better if these photos the guide.

This is a personal opinion as have the Pretoria, but think these transform the R but at a hefty cost. Think biggest news would be the Cadiz are binned for a better standard wheel on the R that adds similar look to the Pretoria but at zero uplift in cost.

Given all seen so far the exterior am neutral on and against if pipes are integrated and have huge dislike for screens, and solid state interiors - extra gear and 10 BHP? similarly meh given will never ever notice.

We shall see and will give very honest thoughts on if feel something added that would have loved.
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #243 on: 10 November 2016, 09:02 »
Will the extra 10BHP make a difference in performance? Not really. Will the extra gear make a difference?Probably a bit.

It's all about perception. The latest and greatest will always be desirable. Do I need a new iphone 7 when I have a perfectly functioning iphone 6? Of course I do. We always want the latest, becasue we perceive it to be better. And remember the Golf update will only be slightly and sufficiently different so it can't really polarise opinions.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #244 on: 10 November 2016, 09:37 »
Will the extra 10BHP make a difference in performance? Not really. Will the extra gear make a difference?Probably a bit.

It's all about perception. The latest and greatest will always be desirable. Do I need a new iphone 7 when I have a perfectly functioning iphone 6? Of course I do. We always want the latest, becasue we perceive it to be better. And remember the Golf update will only be slightly and sufficiently different so it can't really polarise opinions.

Think the slant is that those received an R say in last year or very recently will feel like they missed out on anything tangible and maybe should have waited?

If ready for change now, of course it will be nice to point to a minor uplift and a shiny piece of tech and gizmo, but think the present Golf is at such a high standard from the move to MQB and some of the other lifts from the MK 6 that the improvement wiggle room has really closed to minimal.

Be much like the I phone now, lots of glitz and ceremony at release with lots of smoke and mirrors but when you settle into the reality there was little substance to any of it.

Think present owners can rest quite easy on the uplift and even the MK 8 as personally feel they might go in a direction that personally do not want to go of more screens, UI and touchless interiors, and integrated tailpipes! really yuk!

By way moved from an I phone 5 to a 7 this year and though bigger and faster, the headphone change is definitely as step back, so be careful of what wish for as sometimes these companies are so desperate to wow, they make changes that are backward steps (so much for wireless, as have another adapter from Belkin now to offset the charging/listening  issue (decent blue tooth headphones on Christmas list)
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #245 on: 10 November 2016, 10:01 »
Who's beyond excited?

http://volkswagen.gomexlive.com/vw_live_pk/?lang=en

The amount VW have hyped this, it better be more than some different headlights and a price increase  :nerd:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #246 on: 10 November 2016, 10:07 »
Its all just nudging the tech along a bit with a few style tweaks.

The main reason for digital this that and the other though long term is to reduce the mechanical parts - software deployment is cheaper than engineering assembly.

Of course, if they can persuade you that its sexy then more than saving money, they can charge you more for it!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #247 on: 10 November 2016, 10:23 »
Its all just nudging the tech along a bit with a few style tweaks.

The main reason for digital this that and the other though long term is to reduce the mechanical parts - software deployment is cheaper than engineering assembly.

Of course, if they can persuade you that its sexy then more than saving money, they can charge you more for it!

Been saying that for a while now, recover some R&D costs on LCD displays as an option but long term a screen and some software are far cheaper to produce, and they will be the normal. The more solid state they make the vehicle the better it is fr them, but not necessarily for us, as personally think you lose some of the soul of the vehicle by the less tactile nature.

Obviously we will know a little more today but presently feel like escaped the next version. (s)

Offline scottyboy99

• Not said much yet
« Reply #248 on: 10 November 2016, 10:44 »
Current: Mk7 Golf GTI, Pearl Black
Recently gone: Mk6 Golf GTI, Carbon Grey
Previously: Scirocco GT, Rising Blue
                   Mk3 Golf GTI, Black

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #249 on: 10 November 2016, 11:09 »
Biggest ground breaker would be a Bi-Turbo AWD GTD that's been much discussed, for the MK 8.

Think second biggest addition by subtraction is definitely whether the Cadiz are binned on the R

The biggest loss would be integrated tailpipes on performance Golfs

Outside of that the styling and solid state gadgetry is all smoke and mirrors with little real substance once past the initial razzamatazz.

Actually have some time in my day so going to watch live with a cuppa.
« Last Edit: 10 November 2016, 11:12 by Hertsman »