Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302261 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #220 on: 27 October 2016, 21:35 »

There's no way the Golf will get those indicators, one of those things to keep Audi the ''premium'' VAG brand.

I've been up close and personal with a few new DAF trucks recently. They have scrolling indicators and I'd say DAF trucks were even less premium than a 'non premium' VW so they're not *that* exclusive!

I see they have just updated the Octavia with full led headlamps

Along with the new headlights comes full LED technology to replace the previous bi-xenon + LED daytime running lights of the pre-facelift Octavia.

so new golf must get them  :whistle:

And boy have they made a mess of the front of the previously handsome Octavia.  :shocked:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #221 on: 27 October 2016, 22:10 »
Agree 100% Mr Ex on the facelift Skoda Octavia. Really liked the pre-facelift version, but not the facelift, which I think looks awkward and ugly.

If the Octavia has full LED headlights, that suggests the facelift Golf will have them (at least the GTI, GTD and R models). I have them on my Polo GTI and in my opinion, I think they are better than the xenons I had on my mk6 GTD.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #222 on: 27 October 2016, 22:33 »
The only worry with LED headlamps I have is that LED's dim over time
We had two identical DAF trucks parked next to each other at work one night and the LED rear lights and particularly the number plate light were night and day difference between a three year old one and a new one. They seem to dim badly with age.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline The ANT

• Here all the time
« Reply #223 on: 28 October 2016, 08:50 »
So long as they are kept cool they shouldn't be a problem, heat is what does damage to LEDs not nessaserly how long they are on but how long they are hot.
Suffering from a severe and unforgiving case of GTItis

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #224 on: 28 October 2016, 10:33 »

There's no way the Golf will get those indicators, one of those things to keep Audi the ''premium'' VAG brand.

I've been up close and personal with a few new DAF trucks recently. They have scrolling indicators and I'd say DAF trucks were even less premium than a 'non premium' VW so they're not *that* exclusive!

I knew I'd seen those indicators on a HGV or something the other week..  :laugh:

Offline saigonmark

• Not said much yet
« Reply #225 on: 28 October 2016, 23:08 »
I picked up my CS today and chatting to the salesman he told me that the facelift has been cancelled by VW.
My Golf - GTI Clubsport - Oryx white, DSG, 5 doors, Dynamic chassis control & 90% tint
My other car is the fast one.....

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #226 on: 28 October 2016, 23:35 »
I picked up my CS today and chatting to the salesman he told me that the facelift has been cancelled by VW.

Congrats, I saw the pic in the new arrivals thread.
It looks awesome.
Can't wait to hear a few owner reviews on the CS's now they're arriving.

As for cancelling the FL, I'd think it was a bit far down the line for that now VW have made some public announcements.

Unless of course it's as ugly as the Chrysler Skoda Octavia facelift and they've suddenly woken up from it like a bad dream...
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #227 on: 29 October 2016, 07:41 »
As for cancelling the FL, I'd think it was a bit far down the line for that now VW have made some public announcements.

Unless of course it's as ugly as the Chrysler Skoda Octavia facelift and they've suddenly woken up from it like a bad dream...
... lol

The Skoda is the most radical facelift so far. Do they sell them in the American market? It is a lot more modern looking than the 'old Passat' look it currently has. Might be a grower.

VW media services have been sending out press releases about the new Golf facelifts. Lots of rumours going round. Especially about the Golf R. We will know in a week or two if any of them are true.

This all reminds me of the Stig introduction on Top Gear.

Some people say, the R will have 400hp, even though the S3 didn't get that. All we know is that it called a Golf.

Some people say, there will be no Golf R until the Mk8, that could be a long wait. All we know is that it is called a Golf.

Some people say, this will be the Mk8, they seek it here, they seek it there, they seek the Mk8 everywhere. All we know is that it is called the Golf.

Some people say, it will be cancelled, even though VW are sending out press releases and every other VAQ model has a facelift. All we know is that it is called a Golf.

Some people say, it is as ugly as Top Gear with Chris Evans, even before they have seen it. All we know is that it is called a Golf.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline GTD22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #229 on: 06 November 2016, 10:14 »
Are the people at VW spending too much time sitting at the back of one of their diesel cars? What is with their weird press releases?