Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302282 times)

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #210 on: 25 October 2016, 13:09 »
No I think those tailpipes are what comes with the facelift. Go on, a small wager on that one ;-)

How do you know have you seen this before?  :cry: It still has exactly the same rear lights, which is odd because they will 99.9% be getting changed on the facelift.

Offline wesbar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #211 on: 25 October 2016, 14:20 »
I thought only the headlights were getting changed. Not seen/heard anything regarding the tail lights.
Mk7 Golf GTI, DSG, CSG, Performance Pack, Santiago's, App Connect, Park Assist, 90% Tints

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #212 on: 25 October 2016, 14:37 »
I thought only the headlights were getting changed. Not seen/heard anything regarding the tail lights.

Standard VAG facelift. The FL A3 and Seat Leon has got new front and rear lights. (and bumpers)

Surely the Golf must be getting solid LED rears in place of the current individual LEDs? Even the Octavia, pre facelift Leon and pre facelift A3 (A3 from 2009 in fact) have the solid LED rear lights.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #213 on: 25 October 2016, 17:33 »
No I think those tailpipes are what comes with the facelift. Go on, a small wager on that one ;-)

How do you know have you seen this before?  :cry: It still has exactly the same rear lights, which is odd because they will 99.9% be getting changed on the facelift.

Yes, somewhere else on another article posted here.

Remember the latest photo is an American car - their GTI's don't even have Xenons, so maybe not LED lights.

The earlier article I refer to said LED highlights, so I'd assume tail lights too - maybe with the sexxxxxy Audi scrolling lights - I do hope so, I love those!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Online mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #214 on: 25 October 2016, 20:55 »
The Audi scrolling lights are an option even on the s3 so no way it'll be a standard thing on the face lift.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #215 on: 27 October 2016, 13:15 »

Yes, somewhere else on another article posted here.

Remember the latest photo is an American car - their GTI's don't even have Xenons, so maybe not LED lights.

The earlier article I refer to said LED highlights, so I'd assume tail lights too - maybe with the sexxxxxy Audi scrolling lights - I do hope so, I love those!

Don't the American GTI/R's come with Xenon fronts but non-LED rear? They refer to ours as the Euro spec rear lights.

The Audi scrolling lights (dynamic) are standard on the new S-Line + S3, along with LED headlights, but rears only. If you want the dynamic indicators on the front you have to spec the Matrix LED front headlights as an extra.

There's no way the Golf will get those indicators, one of those things to keep Audi the ''premium'' VAG brand.

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #216 on: 27 October 2016, 15:50 »

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #217 on: 27 October 2016, 16:07 »
Bye bye Sport Van more like  :sick:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #218 on: 27 October 2016, 16:22 »
This reads more like Golf mk8 than a facelift...
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

physio

« Reply #219 on: 27 October 2016, 19:28 »
I see they have just updated the Octavia with full led headlamps

Along with the new headlights comes full LED technology to replace the previous bi-xenon + LED daytime running lights of the pre-facelift Octavia.

so new golf must get them  :whistle: