Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 302252 times)

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #70 on: 06 June 2016, 21:26 »
My wife has a red A3 with Xenon head lights and LED rear lights. I think it looks nice in red and the lights mark it out against the older models. So I guess I see what performance Mk7 drivers are saying.

However, I would never buy an Audi because I find the driving position uncomfortable on long journeys. The car has ACC which we both like. When the cruise control is set there is no right foot rest like in the Golf. So in the Audi I end up pulling my foot back and bending my knee in a position which I find uncomfortable. It is ok for my wife as her legs are shorter. When I checked every car in the show room - the only Audi with room to rest my right foot was the A1.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #71 on: 07 June 2016, 22:21 »
http://www.autobild.de/artikel/vw-golf-vii-facelift-2016-vorschau-technik-und-preis-5519781.html

I can not get it to translate properly. As far as I can tell the performance models get different LED lights and air intake vents.

This bit is interesting, "And VW with the facelift of the current Golf announced for July 2016 must show how the brand in the future will develop. Can be seen externally little from the change."

And this bit, "...in order to keep Germany's top-selling car fit for the next three years ." So Mk8 in 2019?

Will this colour GTI/GTD be available in the UK?
« Last Edit: 07 June 2016, 22:31 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #72 on: 07 June 2016, 22:52 »
That looks really nice.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline iandjm

• Here all the time
« Reply #73 on: 08 June 2016, 00:39 »
Looks good, the only thing that makes me doubt the article a little is that it is still talking about the R400 being launched, which we know will now not go into production.
2017 MY Golf R 3dr DSG | Lapiz Blue | Dynaudio | Heated Screen | Advanced Phone | Sat Nav | Winter Pack

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #74 on: 08 June 2016, 07:44 »
I saw that article a few weeks ago and thought if it's true I would wait for it as really like the front end. So contacted my dealer and VWUK and both said they do not know of any plans for a facelift.
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #75 on: 08 June 2016, 08:16 »
Hmmm May 2015 and there is this thread:

http://www.germancarforum.com/threads/2017-golf-vii-facelift.53550/

Full of various people's photoshops and guesses and hopes...

Meanwhile...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline iandjm

• Here all the time
« Reply #76 on: 08 June 2016, 08:38 »
And the interior shots are from the 'concept' shown at the CES in Las Vegas
2017 MY Golf R 3dr DSG | Lapiz Blue | Dynaudio | Heated Screen | Advanced Phone | Sat Nav | Winter Pack

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #77 on: 08 June 2016, 08:56 »
Fantasy!  :whistle:
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #78 on: 08 June 2016, 09:40 »
All of the pictures (including the photo above), rumours, etc, are complete speculation and bad photoshop efforts from the likes of Auto Express and it's German equivalents.

That said... some of the upcoming changes in Irish specifications here would strongly suggest big changes are imminent. From July, they are discontinuing the regular GTI and GTI PP here. Only the Clubsport will be available. Various other "vanilla" models are being dropped from the range too. They're also throwing the kitchen sink at all variants of the Golf in terms of spec - leather will be "free" across many models, rear LED's on non GTI/R cars, Dynaudio apparently becoming standard in the GTI/R, etc...

That would suggest VW are clearing out the parts bins...
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #79 on: 08 June 2016, 09:58 »
Unless I saw the same thing happening in Germany, then I'd doubt they are cleaning up the warehouse...

Besides, VW will run "just in time", so they won't have vast stockpiles of anything.

Sounds more like VW Ireland need to sell more cars after the scandal (and the 20% fall in profits), so more for less is the way to win customers back.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC