Author Topic: Fan Jets  (Read 629 times)

Offline pridders

• Not said much yet
  • Pearl Black 5 Door DSG GTI 05
Fan Jets
« on: 21 February 2008, 13:16 »
Hi All,

I had a problem with the drivers side fan wash jet where it wasn't fan like more like a streak of pi$$ ! Any way it sorted itself out and starting spraying fan like again but now the spray is not as high as the other side so spraying very low down. I have turned the adjuster on the base of the jet a few turns one way then a few the other but it didn't make any difference. I didn't want to turn the adjuster too much encase it all fell apart! Any one else had this problem?

Offline kenny.s

• Not said much yet
Re: Fan Jets
« Reply #1 on: 21 February 2008, 19:05 »
What sort of screenwash have you been using?  I was warned about this issue by the mechanic i know in the local VW garage, apperently if normal screenwash is used it eventually crystalises inside the jet and screws up the fan. He said the only way to sort it is to remove them and steap them in hot water, then plug them back in and try it, repeating if necessary.

Offline orca

• GTI forum regular
Re: Fan Jets
« Reply #2 on: 21 February 2008, 20:26 »
Similar thing happened to my last Golf.  One jet stopped working completely.  Dealer asked what screenwash I had used and stupidly I said it was a third party make.  They then said that it voided the warranty and charged me to fix it.  Barstewards!!  It wasn't much but the car was only a few months old!!  So whatever screenwash you use, tell the dealer that it is VW stuff!