Author Topic: Immobiliser  (Read 652 times)

Offline k4ith

• I live here
Immobiliser
« on: 30 December 2007, 13:55 »
Hi,
My insurance co are hassling me for the make and model of the immob fitted to my ED30.Apparently VW fitted at manu isn't enough.
I have run a search here and found its Cat1 approved but nothing other than that, I now have 7 days or they will remove theft cover from the vehicle, the bunch of bar stewards.
can anyone advise. 
MKV Golf GTI Edition30, GIAC Pump&Race Map, AutoTech Fuel Pump, R32 Front Brakes, Dbilas Flo-master Intake, S3 Intercooler.ECS Dog Bone Insert.
MKII GTI 8v Tornado Red 88 - Das Projekt

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Re: Immobiliser
« Reply #1 on: 30 December 2007, 14:00 »
Yes... firstly name and shame them on here!!
secondly, just change insurers.. often you will find a company gives you the lowest quote then puts these silly demands on you to go out and get crappy stuff done to make your insurance valid. Half the time people dont bother to get stuff done and are happy that they have gone with the lowest quote.

We all know what happens at pay-out time :rolleyes:

Offline k4ith

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 30 December 2007, 15:16 »
they were fairly uncertain when i called, they put me on hold and came back with "have you driven a group18 car before"
and for putting the wife on dont ask, i am 36 years old with full no claims(prot), but hey they were cheaper than VW insurance.
MKV Golf GTI Edition30, GIAC Pump&Race Map, AutoTech Fuel Pump, R32 Front Brakes, Dbilas Flo-master Intake, S3 Intercooler.ECS Dog Bone Insert.
MKII GTI 8v Tornado Red 88 - Das Projekt

Offline indublin

• GTI forum regular
  • "Hotel California" forum.... you can log off anyti
« Reply #3 on: 31 December 2007, 18:22 »
Just got back from 4 years in the Caribbean (lost all no claims bonussss's. Anyway I am paying 1200 euro (800 quid) fully comp. 44 years young and no convictions! Not an ED30 tho!

Steel Grey 2006 GTi 3-Door - Monza II's - Tinted Rear Windows - Arm Rest