Author Topic: Cluster display question ….  (Read 796 times)

Offline Jonny2021

• Not said much yet
Cluster display question ….
« on: 21 September 2023, 19:05 »
Was having a flip through the instrument cluster displays and see this one called Accelerator and it’s always showing as ECO….

I’ve searched the handbook and had a Google as well as trawled through YouTube videos but can’t seem to find anything about it or if it’s possible to change from ECO to something else.

Anyone have any knowledge or this to share please ?

Offline Carlosfandango

• GTI forum regular
Re: Cluster display question ….
« Reply #1 on: 21 September 2023, 21:23 »
There was a similar display in the Mk7 (pictured), it’s intended to depict how smooth (or not) the driver is with the loud pedal, the idea is to create a visualisation of a drivers uneconomical acceleration, hence the ECO labelling, this cannot be changed.

Current car -
Mk8 GTI DSG, Kings Red, Pan Roof, Extended Winter Pack, Rear Camera, DCC, Adelaide Reps (CMWheels), Eibach Pro-Kit Springs.

Gone -
2020 BMW M135i xDrive, Storm Bay Metallic, Pan roof, Tech pack, Pro pack, Comfort pack,
👇see it here👇
https://youtu.be/j-4x9ZxehWU

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 21 September 2023, 22:34 »
I've had my car for 28 months and never knew that setting existed.  Not that it matters, as it looks useless.  Always set mine to Audio or Navigation on the right side.
Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE

Offline Jonny2021

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 21 September 2023, 23:15 »
There was a similar display in the Mk7 (pictured), it’s intended to depict how smooth (or not) the driver is with the loud pedal, the idea is to create a visualisation of a drivers uneconomical acceleration, hence the ECO labelling, this cannot be changed.

Awesome…. Thanks for the heads up.
Game on to try and get it to read: PTTM….. Pedal To The Metal