Author Topic: Driving on the right  (Read 762 times)

Offline gavinl1967

• Not said much yet
Driving on the right
« on: 04 September 2023, 13:04 »
Ok, only had the car a couple of weeks, so am still trying to figure my way around the infotainment/software gremlins.

New in on me this morning - apologies if this has already been discussed, but I can’t find any thread.

Driving into work this morning with ACC activated and I noticed the car would not overtake on the right hand side (UK driver), I had to accelerate to do so. This happened a few times.  I then noticed the car would undertake to the left without issue?

I searched the menus when I go to work to see if there was a right hand/left hand drive setting and the only one I could find was in the lights menu - it was set to ‘driving on the right’.  After a bit of faffing (you have to press the existing setting before it will let you change it) I changed the setting to ‘driving on the left’.  Went out to check at lunchtime and it has gone back to ‘driving on the right’? 

Is there a fix for this or is it something I should mention to the dealer when it goes in for a software update in a couple of weeks time (currently on 1803).

And help, advice or feedback would be appreciated.
Cheers

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Driving on the right
« Reply #1 on: 04 September 2023, 18:39 »
It’s a known problem Gavin that affected earlier models using an earlier software version. There’s a 17 page discussion thread from a couple of years ago over on the Golf R forum. I’ve not read the discussion thread but it might well provide details of the updated software version that fixes the issue. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Link to R forum discussion thread below;

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/39510-mk8-adaptive-cruise-control-faulty/
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline gavinl1967

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 04 September 2023, 19:20 »
Cheers, much appreciated.

I’ll head on over for a read 👍

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 04 September 2023, 22:13 »
It's one of the earlier problems.

Maybe ask for a software update...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC