Author Topic: Where to find Paint Code  (Read 1623 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Where to find Paint Code
« Reply #10 on: 16 August 2023, 13:18 »
I've found out that my dealer is defaulted to 'always wash' regardless of how minor the work is so you have to actively opt-out each time - I forgot once and they washed it even though I had just detailed it and was quite clearly spotless!

I try and make sure my car has just been washed before a visit to the dealer’s for servicing. However……..it’s a 30 mile trip to the dealers, so if it’s raining, it doesn’t look just washed when I get there! :angry:

I also actively opt out of the complementary car wash each time, plus I have a ‘do not wash this car’ hanger that I hang from the rear view mirror. I tie a tag with the same instruction on the key fob and ask the service advisor to note the job sheet that the car’s not to be washed. So far, the dealer has complied with my request :smiley:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 16 August 2023, 13:46 »
I've found out that my dealer is defaulted to 'always wash' regardless of how minor the work is so you have to actively opt-out each time - I forgot once and they washed it even though I had just detailed it and was quite clearly spotless!

I try and make sure my car has just been washed before a visit to the dealer’s for servicing. However……..it’s a 30 mile trip to the dealers, so if it’s raining, it doesn’t look just washed when I get there! :angry:

I also actively opt out of the complementary car wash each time, plus I have a ‘do not wash this car’ hanger that I hang from the rear view mirror. I tie a tag with the same instruction on the key fob and ask the service advisor to note the job sheet that the car’s not to be washed. So far, the dealer has complied with my request :smiley:.

Don’t use a dealer anymore and Indy doesn’t offer a ‘complimentary wash’ so not an issue, but I used to stick a sign on the dash asking not to wash and ask the Receptionist to make sure same was on the Job Ticket. I should have asked for a discount.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline valentino

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 18 August 2023, 11:41 »
My first Mk6 GTI was deep black pearl, Never again! Absolute nightmare to maintain.

That’ll cheer up the OP😂
Had a MK7.5 GTI in Black. Always looked like it had been washed with sand solution. No more black cars for me

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 18 August 2023, 12:33 »
Had a MK7.5 GTI in Black. Always looked like it had been washed with sand solution. No more black cars for me

Using a safe wash technique is key to minimising the sand wash or scratch and swirl look, especially on black or dark coloured cars. Also, never use automatic car washes, and never let a dealer or those hand car wash places wash your car.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl