Author Topic: Indicator piece in mirror  (Read 826 times)

Offline symonh2000

• Here all the time
Indicator piece in mirror
« on: 14 May 2022, 20:50 »
Hi all, whilst cleaning the car today I noticed that the small plastic indicator repeater part in the passenger side mirror is missing.

Obviously it isn't the end of the world, but does anyone know if it can be easily and cheaply replaced? If it costs too much I will just leave it...

« Last Edit: 14 May 2022, 22:46 by symonh2000 »
Golf GTI 7 PP
BMW M140i

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Indicator piece in mirror
« Reply #1 on: 14 May 2022, 21:17 »
That must've had a fair knock as it isn't a flimsy part. I did have a spare (used) but can't remember which side it was - from the picture you need a n/s? If I have and you give a reasonable donation to the forum charity, I'll send it to you - I'll cover the postal costs. Might be a while though before I can check it out though as it's up in the loft somewhere. Let me know if that's of interest.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline symonh2000

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 14 May 2022, 22:49 »
Yes would excellent, I would certainly be interested. There isn't a rush. :)

I have no idea how it went missing, there is no damage to the rest of the mirror and I have only just noticed it missing after having the car over two months now. Maybe someone took it apart for some reason and lost it?
« Last Edit: 14 May 2022, 23:06 by symonh2000 »
Golf GTI 7 PP
BMW M140i

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2022, 09:01 »
It's part of the whole light unit, something has snapped in there. Time to upgrade to dynamic indicators?  :whistle:

Offline symonh2000

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 15 May 2022, 09:53 »
I would like dynamic indicators, but then I would need them on the front and rear lights as well and that starts to cost serious ££££'s.

I don't want to be spending too much at the moment on things I don't really need to, at least until my loan is payed off in a few months.
Golf GTI 7 PP
BMW M140i

Offline DCmk3

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 15 May 2022, 12:01 »
That piece slots into the mirror, it's likely someone had the mirror cap off and removed the indicators for something and broke that piece off the end.
I have the same missing piece on one of my mirrors too.

2014 Mk7 GTI - Littco L500

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 15 May 2022, 18:40 »
Yes would excellent, I would certainly be interested. There isn't a rush. :)

I have no idea how it went missing, there is no damage to the rest of the mirror and I have only just noticed it missing after having the car over two months now. Maybe someone took it apart for some reason and lost it?

Okay, I'll try and get up there in the next few days and let you know :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2022, 11:48 »
Okay, I've got the part out of the loft. It's complete but not 100% as new. There's a light scratch to the left of the tape in the image below and a scuff to the right. Nothing horrendous and would barely notice once fitted but would probably polish out if you were so inclined. There's a bit of nibbling along the section that locates it in the mirror housing but that will be hidden once fitted. This part was recovered from my MK7 after a lorry smashed the mirror off the car.

If you want it, just let me know.

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Jace

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 18 May 2022, 13:11 »

I'd say its had the mirror cover or surrounds off at some point & its snapped off during that process.

I did it when I was changing my mirror surrounds but luckily I found the bit & gorilla glued it back in place.

2018 Golf R 7.5 Estate > Full Revo stg2 set up