Author Topic: Cant remove SD card from Slot 1  (Read 2781 times)

Offline Jules_r

• Just got here
Cant remove SD card from Slot 1
« on: 11 January 2022, 22:08 »
Hello everyone, this is my first post here and I'm sorry that it's asking for help/advice.

My girlfriend just got a MK7.5 2019 GTi (registered November '19) and there is a weird deal with the SD card for the navigation. We can't get it out and it looks like it's got some kind of cover around the card preventing removal.

Has anyone ever seen anything like it?

Looking at the Nav. software version it's 2019/20 so I guess it's never been updated since the car was new, and the SD card never removed.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
Re: Cant remove SD card from Slot 1
« Reply #1 on: 12 January 2022, 09:29 »
That looks to me as though someone has used a micro SD card and adapter with a bit of tape wrapped round the end to stop the micro SD falling out??

Has the tape been peeled back when trying to remove it which is why it won't come out??
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline Jules_r

• Just got here
Re: Cant remove SD card from Slot 1
« Reply #2 on: 12 January 2022, 23:53 »
That looks to me as though someone has used a micro SD card and adapter with a bit of tape wrapped round the end to stop the micro SD falling out??

Has the tape been peeled back when trying to remove it which is why it won't come out??

Thanks Bud..... I think we got to the bottom of it!

It seems Cazoo fit an anti theft device to prevent people taking the cards. I kind of get it because they offer the 7 day no questions asked return policy... I bet they got a lot of cars back with missing SD cards!

Thanks again!