Author Topic: Price increase coming 1st of December  (Read 5458 times)

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Price increase coming 1st of December
« on: 10 November 2021, 22:16 »
Biggest price increase I have seen across the whole range basically.

Over 2% on everything pretty much apart from EV cars to keep them eligible for GOV grant.
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: Price increase coming 1st of December
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2021, 22:31 »
On top of the price increase next week all of the agreed terms / discounts with every major lease provider is going to be reduced with effect next week.

So we are about to see some major increases in lease quotes from next week to start with and then again from the 1st of December.

Also get this crazy fact 80% of 2022 UK production quota is already sold.
Sales Manager

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 11 November 2021, 06:42 »
Out of curiosity, do you know if the 80% quota sold is due to higher demand or reduced production?
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 11 November 2021, 08:49 »
Is that 80pc of U.K. VW car production for 2022 or is it all manufacturers U.K. production?
(Actually, whichever it is, these are extraordinary times…and I expect this will keep used prices as firm as they currently are for a good bit yet).
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #4 on: 11 November 2021, 09:38 »

Probably because cars that should have been produced for customer orders in 2021 haven't been...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 11 November 2021, 10:36 »

Probably because cars that should have been produced for customer orders in 2021 haven't been...

And a new supply issue that was highlighted on the VW Polo forum yesterday that’s likely to impact car production…………..magnesium. Could mean that the current very long lead times become even longer.

https://www.carsdirect.com/automotive-news/industry-news/magnesium-shortage-could-impact-car-production
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #6 on: 11 November 2021, 12:47 »

And a new supply issue that was highlighted on the VW Polo forum yesterday that’s likely to impact car production…………..magnesium. Could mean that the current very long lead times become even longer.

https://www.carsdirect.com/automotive-news/industry-news/magnesium-shortage-could-impact-car-production

"China's magnesium output is about 50% of normal levels, industry sources said, as soaring coal prices and energy rationing prompted smelters to cut or shut down operations.

China has allowed some magnesium producers to resume output, but not by enough to significantly ease the shortage. Prices have retreated from record highs but they are still more than double the levels in January."

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/automakers-say-magnesium-shortage-not-problem-now-2021-11-08/
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 11 November 2021, 13:39 »
Again??, they only just put the prices up last month or month before :angry:

MK7 GTi

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #8 on: 11 November 2021, 20:24 »
Out of curiosity, do you know if the 80% quota sold is due to higher demand or reduced production?

I expect it’s a combination of both things but weighted more on the fact of productions issues.
Sales Manager

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 11 November 2021, 23:09 »
Don’t forget those extra price rises will/might push you over and above the 40k bracket for extra gov road tax, if you were close as it’s calculated the day before it’s registered not the price it was when you ordered. They got me the first price rise a while back on my order by £25, this price rise would mean I am definitely paying more tax. :sick: :sick: if and when my R turns up.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.