Author Topic: What have you bought for your Mk8?  (Read 51576 times)

Offline DB99

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you bought for your Mk8?
« Reply #120 on: 10 January 2022, 16:46 »
I thought there were some available already - sure I have seen them on here...

Lockwood do stainless steel sill plates for the MK8 GTI.

Offline BanksyGTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #121 on: 10 January 2022, 21:07 »
Some interesting work-arounds being discussed here. I have owned an Up GTI for nearly 3 years and I can’t see one of their GTI kick plates being the answer: the doors on the 3 door Up are loooong so I highly doubt them plates fitting within a Golf 8’s 5 door frame. Equally the 5 door Up plates will look stupidly out of place in terms of length.

Step in the facelifted Polo A0 GTI. As a result of some classic ill-judged equipment spec decisioning from VW, the Polo GTI gets the kick plates pictured below as STANDARD. Just how the Up GTI does.

Pros:
- Current Polo is similar in dimensions to Golf 8 and is 5 door only. I’m not sure on exact door sill measurements but being an MQB car it won’t be far away. It may even look made to measure when fitted.
- Facelifted Polo GTI gets the updated GTI font so there is continuity with Golf 8 GTI’s design, as the pic demonstrates.
- OEM VW quality can be trusted and they’d look well at home I think. That can’t be said for most of the ghastly aftermarket options.

Cons:
- OEM VW parts price premium
- While the pic is a screenshot from the online shop of a VW dealership group in Germany, it isn’t possible to order directly from these guys (extra postage admin caused by Brexit I think). So it’ll require a trip/call to your local VW dealer.
- I also don’t have an accurate part number so it may take a conversation with the parts manager to ensure the rights ones are ordered… unless anybody is a member of a Polo forum or someone has access to ETKA?

Discuss!

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #122 on: 10 January 2022, 21:23 »
Is that not the part number there?

Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #123 on: 10 January 2022, 21:37 »
Some interesting work-arounds being discussed here. I have owned an Up GTI for nearly 3 years and I can’t see one of their GTI kick plates being the answer: the doors on the 3 door Up are loooong so I highly doubt them plates fitting within a Golf 8’s 5 door frame. Equally the 5 door Up plates will look stupidly out of place in terms of length.

Step in the facelifted Polo A0 GTI. As a result of some classic ill-judged equipment spec decisioning from VW, the Polo GTI gets the kick plates pictured below as STANDARD. Just how the Up GTI does.

Pros:
- Current Polo is similar in dimensions to Golf 8 and is 5 door only. I’m not sure on exact door sill measurements but being an MQB car it won’t be far away. It may even look made to measure when fitted.
- Facelifted Polo GTI gets the updated GTI font so there is continuity with Golf 8 GTI’s design, as the pic demonstrates.
- OEM VW quality can be trusted and they’d look well at home I think. That can’t be said for most of the ghastly aftermarket options.

Cons:
- While the pic is a screenshot from the online shop of a VW dealership group in Germany, it isn’t possible to order directly from these guys (extra postage admin caused by Brexit I think). So it’ll require a trip/call to your local VW dealer.
- I also don’t have an accurate part number so it may take a conversation with the parts manager to ensure the rights ones are ordered… unless anybody is a member of a Polo forum or someone has access to ETKA?

Discuss!

We are on the same vein here! I also spotted the Polo GTI ones, they are €89 each! (Confirmed with my VW dealer contact in Germany) I like the fact they are OEM and have the new GTI logo font. I'm just waiting on him to confirm there not illuminated as in the UK spec it says they are...if there not, we could be onto a nice little workaround here!

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #124 on: 10 January 2022, 21:47 »

Pros:

Cons:

Discuss!

We are on the same vein here! I also spotted the Polo GTI ones, they are €89 each! (Confirmed with my VW dealer contact in Germany) I like the fact they are OEM and have the new GTI logo font. I'm just waiting on him to confirm there not illuminated as in the UK spec it says they are...if there not, we could be onto a nice little workaround here!

Apologies if this is the same as what you found, but see below...
https://shop.ahw-shop.de/original-vw-polo-6-2g-gti-facelift-einstiegsleisten-vorn-design-elox-alu-sport-dekor-leisten?c=7748

Happy to be the Guinea pig here and order some up to check if they'd work.....(Will have to speak sweetly to my local dealer to see if he would let me offer upto a Mk8 as mine is still waiting for a confirmed build date)

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #125 on: 10 January 2022, 21:48 »

Pros:

Cons:

Discuss!

Apologies if this is the same as what you found, but see below...
https://shop.ahw-shop.de/original-vw-polo-6-2g-gti-facelift-einstiegsleisten-vorn-design-elox-alu-sport-dekor-leisten?c=7748

Happy to be the Guinea pig here and order some up to check if they'd work.....(Will have to speak sweetly to my local dealer to see if he would let me offer upto a Mk8 as mine is still waiting for a confirmed build date)

These are 480mm long and 36mm wide....

Offline BanksyGTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #127 on: 10 January 2022, 22:32 »
Yep, they are what I found. I wasn’t sure if that was the Original VW parts number or an internal dealer order number (so didn’t want to quote incorrectly to cause confusion).

The ones in that pic are certainly not illuminated and I have never heard any mention of the Polo getting illuminated door sills. I’m guessing that was a translation error for VW UK.

Here is the product info from that German retailer, translated into English:

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #128 on: 11 January 2022, 04:23 »
Perhaps I'll order some and see if they work....

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #129 on: 11 January 2022, 04:25 »
Also, that part number stated is the official VW part number 👍