Author Topic: What have you bought for your Mk8?  (Read 52463 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: What have you bought for your Mk8?
« Reply #80 on: 09 November 2021, 18:28 »
My replacement mats came today and they’re brilliant. Just what I expected first time.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #81 on: 09 November 2021, 18:39 »
I had these in a box since before I got the car and only got round to them today. I was somewhat hesitant to attempt it as I know its easy to break the glass in the process, but I actually managed to do it without removing the glass at all! Very pleased with the result, I think they look smart...

The mirror caps look really good  :cool:
Glad they were a drama free fit  :smiley:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #82 on: 11 November 2021, 20:06 »
Gas strut arrived. Came in a box that my Labrador could fit in.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #83 on: 04 December 2021, 09:14 »
Just bought some Gtechniq I1 Smart Fabric. I’ve used Gyeon for a few years which has been brilliant but this cane highly recommended and is a lot cheaper.

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #84 on: 04 December 2021, 19:37 »
Just bought some Gtechniq I1 Smart Fabric. I’ve used Gyeon for a few years which has been brilliant but this cane highly recommended and is a lot cheaper.

Heard this is meant to be pretty decent.

Anyone know what the wiper blades are from factory. 3k miles in and my drivers side one is making the most annoying sound all the time when it’s going. Tried everything to stop it but must be the blade.
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.

Offline king monkey

• I live here

Offline joet

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #86 on: 28 December 2021, 11:53 »

[/quote]

Anyone know what the wiper blades are from factory. 3k miles in and my drivers side one is making the most annoying sound all the time when it’s going. Tried everything to stop it but must be the blade.
[/quote]

Not sure what they are but mine were smearing all over the place after 4k miles. Replaced them with Bosch Aerotwins and problem solved. Highly recommend them

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #87 on: 28 December 2021, 13:05 »

[/quote]

Not sure what they are but mine were smearing all over the place after 4k miles. Replaced them with Bosch Aerotwins and problem solved. Highly recommend them
[/quote]

Mine was exactly the same. Drivers side making horrible noises all the time, even when it was chucking it down. I got this as it has great reviews. https://www.eurocarparts.com/p/bosch-aerotwin-flat-wiper-blade-single-ap26u-485777267. No more noise and seems to do a better job than the factory one.

I think the factory ones are Bosch too but a slightly different model.
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #88 on: 29 December 2021, 23:42 »
Factory wiper blades are usually Valeo.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #89 on: 31 December 2021, 19:04 »
I’ve had these sitting in a box for months, only fitted them this week, thanks to a lot of help from a mate. It’s a fairly straightforward DIY job really. Delighted with them, it’s another thing that VW should have fitted from the factory. I’m much more inclined to use manual mode now.

MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.