Author Topic: Sat nav help  (Read 2570 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Sat nav help
« Reply #10 on: 24 July 2021, 08:16 »
At the moment that's it... Same with wireless android auto.

There was rumour of both getting fixed but I've only seen one person in Czech Republic who said about it...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11 on: 24 July 2021, 13:33 »
At the moment that's it... Same with wireless android auto.

There was rumour of both getting fixed but I've only seen one person in Czech Republic who said about it...
Well that sucks,,,! To be honest I’ve got bigger problems by the seem of it I’ve got the knocking noise from N/S front wheel at low speeds , also keeps saying update required plus front assist not working and keyless entry works sometimes and not others :) so sat nav least of my worries
67 Polo GTI Reflex Silver
19 Polo GTI+ Black
70  Golf GTI Performance Pure White
21 Golf Clubsport Dolphin Grey

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 24 July 2021, 17:57 »
Keyless entry doesn't work properly on mine either. Only unlocks if you approach from the rear. Suspect it needs a new antenna module in the front...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 24 July 2021, 20:51 »
Keyless entry doesn't work properly on mine either. Only unlocks if you approach from the rear. Suspect it needs a new antenna module in the front...

Mines going back to dealer on Tuesday so hopefully gets all sorted
19 Polo GTI+ Black

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 25 July 2021, 09:07 »
For those on the ‘B’ hardware (can’t display Nav in drivers AID) was this feature supposed to be part of the standard GTI specification at that time?
Did they remove it from standard spec or was disabling it a software mistake?

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 25 July 2021, 11:08 »
For those on the ‘B’ hardware (can’t display Nav in drivers AID) was this feature supposed to be part of the standard GTI specification at that time?

Its hard to say actually.... I've tried getting VW customer services to confess but they won't.

Its definitely capable of doing it, its just not enabled. Before you ask, you need to change some settings in the SFD protected part of the config... so no you can't do it.

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 25 July 2021, 11:25 »

Its hard to say actually.... I've tried getting VW customer services to confess but they won't.

Its definitely capable of doing it, its just not enabled. Before you ask, you need to change some settings in the SFD protected part of the config... so no you can't do it.
That’s so F@@king annoying my mk7.5 had it so you’d that would be standard in a more expensive motor  :angry: :angry:
19 Polo GTI+ Black

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 25 July 2021, 12:06 »
A while back I went cover to cover through a couple of the early brochures and couldn't see any specific reference to maps in the AID for anything other than the Pro Nav.

Like you say, annoying when the Mk7.5 had it as standard straight from the get go, and most early Mk8 reviews and road tests seem to feature it.

My assumption is that it was meant to have it, but due to the litany of software issues they were having as the car went into production (and still are having to some extent), they left it loose when writing the press material.
7.5 GTD

Offline Tallpaul

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 02 March 2022, 11:51 »
Thought I'd resurrect this rather than starting again...

My GTI has Discovery Media (not) Pro but it is a version with maps in AID enabled. I can set this from the touchscreen and the navigation will display in the AID but then the map on the touchscreen is replaced by a compass. Is this correct? Is the simaltaneous display really only a feature of Discovery Pro?

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 02 March 2022, 12:21 »
Thought I'd resurrect this rather than starting again...

My GTI has Discovery Media (not) Pro but it is a version with maps in AID enabled. I can set this from the touchscreen and the navigation will display in the AID but then the map on the touchscreen is replaced by a compass. Is this correct? Is the simaltaneous display really only a feature of Discovery Pro?

You can enable simultaneous mode with OBDEleven. There's several posts on it in various threads here.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.