Author Topic: Clubsport order thread  (Read 106773 times)

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubsport order thread
« Reply #90 on: 20 July 2021, 16:00 »

1st February my order went in.

Guys with BW 46/47, when did you order?

I ordered end of June, still at Order Accepted stage
I've gone for Moonstone, Adelaide's, DCC, reversing cam and pan roof.

Looking at the last few comments, we all seem to be at 46/47 including myself. I’m guessing they’ve pushed back all CS orders as far back as possible until the situation improves.
Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.

Offline RoryB

• Not said much yet
« Reply #91 on: 20 July 2021, 16:06 »

Looking at the last few comments, we all seem to be at 46/47 including myself. I’m guessing they’ve pushed back all CS orders as far back as possible until the situation improves.

Rory, I see you're in Dublin.

I'm in Ireland too. Ordered mid-May. I did have a confirmed BW-27 but that has come and gone (we're in week 29 now). I asked the dealer to chase up VW last week and they came back and said all builds are running 3-4 weeks behind and mine should go into production on week 30-31. I'm in no way confident this will happen, but we will see!

Given that you ordered in late June, I think you're in for a long wait I'm afraid. Aim for January...

I spoke to the dealer this week and told him if it doesn't arrive until October/ November I will just wait until January to pick it up. If I'm waiting that long it's worth waiting to get the 221 plate I think. I am just worried that I might be lucky to get it in January with some of the lead times being quoted at 6 months+ in the UK
Gone: Mk 5 GT Sport 140
Sticking around: Mk 7 GTD
Current: Mk 8 GTI Clubsport

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #92 on: 20 July 2021, 18:43 »

I'm in Ireland too. Ordered mid-May. I did have a confirmed BW-27 but that has come and gone (we're in week 29 now). I asked the dealer to chase up VW last week and they came back and said all builds are running 3-4 weeks behind and mine should go into production on week 30-31. I'm in no way confident this will happen, but we will see!

Given that you ordered in late June, I think you're in for a long wait I'm afraid. Aim for January...

I spoke to the dealer this week and told him if it doesn't arrive until October/ November I will just wait until January to pick it up. If I'm waiting that long it's worth waiting to get the 221 plate I think. I am just worried that I might be lucky to get it in January with some of the lead times being quoted at 6 months+ in the UK

I don't think UK lead times necessarily are a true reflection of typical Irish lead times (not in normal non-covid times at least).

Can I ask are you going with PCP finance? If so, did the dealers discuss the rates/offers with you? I've heard that the 0% offer is finished for new orders...

MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline RoryB

• Not said much yet
« Reply #93 on: 20 July 2021, 20:24 »

I don't think UK lead times necessarily are a true reflection of typical Irish lead times (not in normal non-covid times at least).

Can I ask are you going with PCP finance? If so, did the dealers discuss the rates/offers with you? I've heard that the 0% offer is finished for new orders...

Hopefully that is the case. Yeah going PCP, I got O% finance, as far as I know any car ordered in June was offered on 0% PCP. I'm not sure if they are still offering it, the online calculator is still showing it

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #94 on: 20 July 2021, 20:36 »

Hopefully that is the case. Yeah going PCP, I got O% finance, as far as I know any car ordered in June was offered on 0% PCP. I'm not sure if they are still offering it, the online calculator is still showing it

Good stuff. Yeah same here. However I know a guy who ordered a CS45 a couple of weeks ago and he was told no, the offer finished at the end of June. So if that’s the case, good job you got the order in and didn’t wait a few more days!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline RoryB

• Not said much yet
« Reply #95 on: 20 July 2021, 22:03 »

Good stuff. Yeah same here. However I know a guy who ordered a CS45 a couple of weeks ago and he was told no, the offer finished at the end of June. So if that’s the case, good job you got the order in and didn’t wait a few more days!

Went in originally looking at a new GTD in April, then priced a standard GTI on 19s which bumped the price over the CS, so when the 0% offer came up the CS was a no brainer

Offline Woeisme

• Not said much yet
« Reply #96 on: 20 July 2021, 22:49 »

Ordered mid June, also in Ireland and I’m thinking the same with regards waiting till Jan for the new plate. I reckon you’d lose a few grand 3 years down the road with what would essentially be a 4 year old car in dealers and potential buyers eyes.

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #97 on: 23 July 2021, 18:03 »
I’ve just cancelled my clubsport order if anyone wants to take it on. Inchape Telford ask for Lisa hudson.

Spec was 19” black estorils with reversing camera
Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #98 on: 23 July 2021, 21:14 »
I’ve just cancelled my clubsport order if anyone wants to take it on. Inchape Telford ask for Lisa hudson.

Oh 😮 why the change of mind if I May ask?
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #99 on: 23 July 2021, 21:34 »

Oh 😮 why the change of mind if I May ask?
I’ve managed to get a stock Golf R with winter pack and reversing camera with a 2 weeks delivery