Author Topic: Clubsport order thread  (Read 108342 times)

Offline JRR1988

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubsport order thread
« Reply #80 on: 20 July 2021, 00:24 »
Spec is in my signature, although i changed from adelaides to black estorils which pushed me back by 1 week

I think what your experiencing is pretty normal at the moment with any new car. I ordered my CS in the first week of Jan. Reflex Silver, Adelaide’s and Winter Pack and I’ve been told it won’t be delivered until the end of September. I’m not holding my breath though.
« Last Edit: 07 August 2021, 10:14 by JRR1988 »
Current and going imminently - MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack, DSG, Black

CANCELED - MK8 GTI Clubsport, Reflex Silver, 19” Adelaide Wheels, Winter Pack

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #81 on: 20 July 2021, 07:28 »
Spec is in my signature, although i changed from adelaides to black estorils which pushed me back by 1 week

I think what your experiencing is pretty normal at the moment with any new car. I ordered my CS in the first week of Feb. Reflex Silver, Adelaide’s and Winter Pack and I’ve been told it won’t be delivered until the end of September. I’m not holding my breath though.

Agree; Covid and semiconductor shortages will be adversely impacting ‘normal’ lead times.

It wasn’t unusual for customers to experience wait times of 8-9 months or longer with the performance models of the previous generation of the Golf during the first year or so of its lifecycle. I can remember some forum members waiting around a year, and that’s without a pandemic or ongoing shortages of a critical component.

I always take what a car salesperson tells me with regard to lead times with a pinch of salt. Their prime motivation (if not only motivation) is to get the customer to sign on the dotted line so some less scrupulous salespeople may be a little economic with the truth to achieve this. To be fair to car salespeople, they’re not all unscrupulous, and I’ve dealt with some very good ones in the past, and none of them would’ve been able to predict the impact of the pandemic or semiconductor shortages on lead times.

At least with long lead times, it gives VW time to get the software gremlins sorted, so customer cars delivered towards the end this year / beginning of next might be gremlin free :whistle:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline carbon337

• Not said much yet
« Reply #82 on: 20 July 2021, 09:42 »
Dealer update for me this morning.

Currently we are in build week 29 and my order has a scheduled BW of week 47 (Late November) Happy Xmas for me by the looks of things.

For reference: CS, white, DCC, Winter pack, std wheels
Ordered 12/06/21 Build scheduled for wk46>wk52>wk10>wk25: MK8 GTI Clubsport in Standard White, DCC, Winter Pack, Standard Wheels

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #83 on: 20 July 2021, 09:45 »

Currently we are in build week 29 and my order has a scheduled BW of week 47 (Late November) Happy Xmas for me by the looks of things.

I’m scheduled  bw 46, almost same options as you apart from paint and wheels, no hk. Although given the update from the ceo of vw the other day of an extra 6 months delays I’m setting my expectations for a 22 plate March delivery. If it comes earlier then great.
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline ash_rage

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #84 on: 20 July 2021, 13:37 »

I’m scheduled  bw 46, almost same options as you apart from paint and wheels, no hk. Although given the update from the ceo of vw the other day of an extra 6 months delays I’m setting my expectations for a 22 plate March delivery. If it comes earlier then great.

Got a link for that from the VW CEO?
Golf GTI Clubsport 45 (2022)

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #85 on: 20 July 2021, 14:06 »

Got a link for that from the VW CEO?

Sorry The 6 month delay came from a dealer (unsure which) over on the r order thread. This is what the VW communication said

Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #86 on: 20 July 2021, 15:05 »
Looking at the last few comments, we all seem to be at 46/47 including myself. I’m guessing they’ve pushed back all CS orders as far back as possible until the situation improves.
Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.

Offline RoryB

• Not said much yet
« Reply #87 on: 20 July 2021, 15:32 »
Guys with BW 46/47, when did you order?

I ordered end of June, still at Order Accepted stage
I've gone for Moonstone, Adelaide's, DCC, reversing cam and pan roof.

Looking at the last few comments, we all seem to be at 46/47 including myself. I’m guessing they’ve pushed back all CS orders as far back as possible until the situation improves.
« Last Edit: 20 July 2021, 15:34 by RoryB »
Gone: Mk 5 GT Sport 140
Sticking around: Mk 7 GTD
Current: Mk 8 GTI Clubsport

Offline carbon337

• Not said much yet
« Reply #88 on: 20 July 2021, 15:44 »
Mine is still showing stage 2 even though i got that dealer update, removed and readded didnt change that. I dont anticipate that to change for a while. Time to try and forget about it to be honest, i was told 26 weeks when ordering and on this schedule its looking close enough to that estimate.

I do check the ex demos and stuff to see if its worth cancelling and taking one of those but they're all just basic and black which i dont want. My dealer has one I test drove but no options and 3500miles but 3k more than I secured my order for.
Ordered 12/06/21 Build scheduled for wk46>wk52>wk10>wk25: MK8 GTI Clubsport in Standard White, DCC, Winter Pack, Standard Wheels

Online JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #89 on: 20 July 2021, 15:45 »
Guys with BW 46/47, when did you order?

I ordered end of June, still at Order Accepted stage
I've gone for Moonstone, Adelaide's, DCC, reversing cam and pan roof.

Rory, I see you're in Dublin.

I'm in Ireland too. Ordered mid-May. I did have a confirmed BW-27 but that has come and gone (we're in week 29 now). I asked the dealer to chase up VW last week and they came back and said all builds are running 3-4 weeks behind and mine should go into production on week 30-31. I'm in no way confident this will happen, but we will see!

Given that you ordered in late June, I think you're in for a long wait I'm afraid. Aim for January...

MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.