Author Topic: Clubsport order thread  (Read 108355 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Clubsport order thread
« Reply #70 on: 15 July 2021, 00:49 »
Pleased to say I collected it today. So far very good, although doesn’t sound as good as my Rocco R did. Getting used to all the new gadgets (the infotainment is pretty easy once you get the back of it).
One big annoyance - given the cost and high spec, they didn’t supply me with car mats!!!  :sad:

Carpet mats are standard on all mk8 Golfs apart from the entry level ‘Life’ model. They’re normally in a plastic bag in the boot when the car leaves the factory and the dealer should fit them in the foot wells as part of PDI and prep prior to customer collection. Suggest you contact your dealer tomorrow and ask for them.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #71 on: 15 July 2021, 13:04 »
Put my complaint in today. Currently sat at BW 47 and i've had enough. Order was placed on 01/02 and was told id have the car by late May/Early June. Order has been constantly going backwards.

Customer service at VW are currently getting in touch with my dealer to see what good will gestures can be offered.

I wouldn't mind it but my dealer is impossible to contact, hardly ever responds to emails and always 'with a customer' when i call.  :angry: :angry: :angry:
Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.

Offline carbon337

• Not said much yet
« Reply #72 on: 15 July 2021, 14:29 »
So February to November, is it a fancy spec? Akra? HK?
Ordered 12/06/21 Build scheduled for wk46>wk52>wk10>wk25: MK8 GTI Clubsport in Standard White, DCC, Winter Pack, Standard Wheels

Offline JRG4

• Not said much yet
« Reply #73 on: 15 July 2021, 15:16 »
Spec is in my signature, although i changed from adelaides to black estorils which pushed me back by 1 week
Ordered - Golf GTI Clubsport. 19” Adelaide alloys, Rear view camera, Pure White.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #74 on: 15 July 2021, 15:24 »
Put my complaint in today. Currently sat at BW 47 and i've had enough. Order was placed on 01/02 and was told id have the car by late May/Early June. Order has been constantly going backwards.

Customer service at VW are currently getting in touch with my dealer to see what good will gestures can be offered.

I wouldn't mind it but my dealer is impossible to contact, hardly ever responds to emails and always 'with a customer' when i call.  :angry: :angry: :angry:

So February to November, is it a fancy spec? Akra? HK?

The underlying issue affecting build delays is likely to be the worldwide semiconductor supply shortages - see reply #92 in the discussion thread at the link below;

https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287670.90

RHD Golf GTI’s with DSG and Harmen Kardon are particularly affected and @JRG4’s car ticks 3 out of 4 of those boxes - RHD, Golf GTI (Clubsport), and DSG.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline carbon337

• Not said much yet
« Reply #75 on: 15 July 2021, 16:20 »
Id missed that post, thanks.

Im the same, CS, DSG, RHD, but DCC & Winter.

Are we saying, and a separate thread on VWROC is saying that this is more likely impacting CS's than R's? They also use the DSG, surely its the same chips. I was tempted by an R to start with when i ordered a CS, might have to consider that option again.

Ordered 12/06/21 Build scheduled for wk46>wk52>wk10>wk25: MK8 GTI Clubsport in Standard White, DCC, Winter Pack, Standard Wheels

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #76 on: 15 July 2021, 16:22 »
Id missed that post, thanks.

Im the same, CS, DSG, RHD, but DCC & Winter.

Are we saying, and a separate thread on VWROC is saying that this is more likely impacting CS's than R's? They also use the DSG, surely its the same chips. I was tempted by an R to start with when i ordered a CS, might have to consider that option again.

Different gearbox chip according to vw
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #77 on: 15 July 2021, 16:24 »
Another thing about the MY22 builds - does anyone know about the noise regs for 2022 cars? It’s affecting the super car world a lot. Just wondering if the MY22 Clubsports will sound any different than the pre 22 cars. Bit like with GPF for 2018 scandal
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
« Reply #78 on: 15 July 2021, 19:40 »
Pleased to say I collected it today. So far very good, although doesn’t sound as good as my Rocco R

My GTI sound a lot better now after 1900 kilometers and the clubsport near my house even sounds better.
Give it time.
You can also change your sound settings to sport under individual driving profile and if possible use 98 Ron petrol. my car sound better and use less fuel ⛽️ With 98 Ron
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.

Offline JNL

• Not said much yet
« Reply #79 on: 15 July 2021, 23:31 »
I assumed it just needs a bit of bedding in. Only clocked 100 miles so far and that was the journey back from dealership. I used 98 as default, as I have done with the Rocco. Although the CS pops whereas the R didn’t ;)

Pleased to say I collected it today. So far very good, although doesn’t sound as good as my Rocco R

My GTI sound a lot better now after 1900 kilometers and the clubsport near my house even sounds better.
Give it time.
You can also change your sound settings to sport under individual driving profile and if possible use 98 Ron petrol. my car sound better and use less fuel ⛽️ With 98 Ron