Author Topic: Just made an offer on a Clubsport!  (Read 1401 times)

Offline GE90

• Not said much yet
Re: Just made an offer on a Clubsport!
« Reply #10 on: 14 March 2024, 10:53 »
Many thanks.

The 718 is a great car, but my wife was correct (again); it wasn't practical! Also I just didn't get on with the whole Porsche thing really ('Porsche tax'), particularly the attitude of the dealers. Additionally the market was collapsing, so took advantage of an offer I was more than happy with.

Is there a good guide detailing what all of the individual driving mode settings do? Some are obvious, other less so. I do not really like the gears being held on to, but like the steering on the heavier side, exhaust on the loader side, but ideally not pops and bangs etc!

Cheers

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #11 on: 14 March 2024, 11:47 »
Is there a good guide detailing what all of the individual driving mode settings do? Some are obvious, other less so. I do not really like the gears being held on to, but like the steering on the heavier side, exhaust on the loader side, but ideally not pops and bangs etc!

Press the mode button, select "Individual" and then press the hamburger button (three horizontal lines) and select what you want.

The only thing you can't set in here is the gearbox mode. If you don't like it holding gears, just leave it in D and not S.

You can easily move between D and S with the gear selector anyway. If you really want to cane it, just flick the chicken nugget. Easy.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 14 March 2024, 15:38 »
I ran my Clubby for the duration in Individual, everything set to sporty except the noise generator which was set at Pure or something (ie. “Off”). Gearbox left in normal and as fredgroves says, flick the bean when you need to give it beans! Handy to prevent stop/start kicking in when waiting for a gap on roundabouts and junctions etc.
Leave the parcel shelf out to hear the exhaust better, the exhaust is quite vocal on acceleration but quiet at other times. It’s actually quite pleasant. Then again I’m old and it’ll certainly be no Porsche type experience as far as sounds go. 

The driving modes don’t make huge differences. The steering response is probably most noticeable and the Soundaktor thingy is annoying on anything other than “off”. Have a play with settings and see what you prefer. You’ll probably find after a play over the first week or so that you settle on something and hardly ever touch it again.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner