Author Topic: Map Updates  (Read 12428 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: Map Updates
« Reply #50 on: 06 July 2021, 17:33 »
For discover pro, the card needs to be formatted in NTFS format, copy the extracted files over, plug it in the car and the system should notice new content immediately. It copies the data off and the card can then be removed.

For discover media, you have to use the original card, formatted as FAT32, copy the extracted data over, allowing for the storage limit, plug it in the car and it should notice the card, which has to then stay there for nav to function.

There are detailed docs for both systems on app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/car

Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #51 on: 06 July 2021, 17:59 »
I've ordered an SD card reader to see if it is the SD card slot on the laptop. Fingers crossed.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #52 on: 06 July 2021, 18:21 »
I may have formatted my card to FAT32, when JV says in needs to be NTFS.

The documentation states for Discover Pro - The SD card must be formatted in the "exFAT" or "NTFS" format so that it can be recognized by the Discover Pro.

Discover Media - It is imperative that the card is formatted as a FAT32 partition.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #53 on: 06 July 2021, 20:08 »
I'm not being funny or condescending but I really don't know how so many of you are having trouble doing this. Send me all your cards and I'll update them for you 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #54 on: 06 July 2021, 20:41 »
I'm not being funny or condescending but I really don't know how so many of you are having trouble doing this. Send me all your cards and I'll update them for you 👍

I may well take you up on that, thanks very much. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right, it's something to do with the card reader on the laptop. Hopefully the seperate card reader going through a USB port will sort it.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #55 on: 06 July 2021, 21:01 »

I may well take you up on that, thanks very much. I'm pretty sure I'm doing it right, it's something to do with the card reader on the laptop. Hopefully the seperate card reader going through a USB port will sort it.
👍👍

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #56 on: 07 July 2021, 07:23 »
Last time I updated I used Discovercare, having always done it “manually” before, and it worked very well, so I thought I’d give it another go, despite comments here about it crashing. What it tried to do was install the update of what was there - Europe 1 - which is 16.2 GB. It informed me that my SD card was OK for the task, so I thought I’d trust it. It then took about 4 hours, downloading, processing and trying to install, to decide that, after all, there was insufficient space on my card!

I then went back to the start and selected the cut down Europe bundle, (why did they leave out Spain and Portugal?) which it installed successfully.

Seems like a very poor, neglected “service” from VW.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #57 on: 07 July 2021, 18:27 »
Is this mcmaddy?  :grin:

Or an idea for his new new enterprise? If my latest attempt fails I may not be joking! £16 - bargain!
« Last Edit: 07 July 2021, 18:36 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #58 on: 07 July 2021, 21:02 »
That looks like Bundle 6 which is easily under the 16gb limit and I've done without any problems... we are all having issues with Bundle 1 which includes Spain & Portugal and is just over 16gb.

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #59 on: 07 July 2021, 21:58 »
Is this mcmaddy?  :grin:

Or an idea for his new new enterprise? If my latest attempt fails I may not be joking! £16 - bargain!
😂😂 not me.