Poll

What version of software is your car running?

7 (8.8%)
24 (30%)
11 (13.8%)
11 (13.8%)
Something else
27 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Mk8 software version poll  (Read 101936 times)

Offline Chriz1

• Not said much yet
Re: Mk8 software version poll
« Reply #470 on: 08 March 2022, 21:38 »
So what's this meant to fix over the 1890

Its in the TPI!

Yeah the first one hasn't worked for me and it seems numerous others at my local dealership for the fixes it said it was supposed to fix

Offline Foxy367

• Here all the time
  • Here All Week
« Reply #471 on: 09 March 2022, 16:11 »
My biggest concern is there appears to still be no fix for 16XX and despite saying Q1 it makes me wonder if there ever will? We will be come the forgotten software pinoeers!!!!
Current - Awaiting a milkfloat
Previously
2021 Mk8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue
2017 MK7.5 GTI Performance - Tornado Red
First steps into Golf ownership -
2003 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Oceanic Green
2002 Mk4 GtTdi PD150 Reflex silver

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #472 on: 09 March 2022, 17:06 »
My biggest concern is there appears to still be no fix for 16XX and despite saying Q1 it makes me wonder if there ever will? We will be come the forgotten software pinoeers!!!!

Massimo is saying that there is a fix.... just not in the UK for some strange reason...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline massimo23

• Not said much yet
« Reply #473 on: 09 March 2022, 23:04 »
I found on VW Erwin (Only in German language) the 1896 update for 166x. Number is 2066316/1. The 1810 update TPI number 2065216/6 has been discontinued with reference to 1896 TPI.
The difference between 2065216/x and 2066316/x, apart from the infotainment software from 1810 to 1896 and the various control units getting updated, is the missing PRcode L0L (Steering on the Right) which means it will be available for Ireland and UK also.
There are also 2 new TPI for 1896:
2066384/1 for My21 with 17xx/18xx updated to 1896
2066071/1 for My22/My23 with17xx/18xx updated to 1896
For now only in german…

Offline philsjh

• Just got here
« Reply #474 on: 14 March 2022, 16:05 »
Mine has been in the dealers - same issue as some people are saying here: "SOS unavailable", "Travel assist unavailable", "Rear traffic alert disabled", "Rear parking sensors disabled".

They updated the software which didn't fix it, so now they're replacing the steering wheel. Car has been with them since the end of February, still no sign of being fixed. Apparently the VW approved resolution is to replace the steering wheel, but its on back order, so it'll have been with them for 3 weeks+ by the time I get it back. I hope this fixes it or I'll be returning the car, this is becoming a joke.
--

History:

- 2013 1.2 TSI Polo R-Line - Manual
- 2015 MK7 Golf GTD - Manual
- 2017 MK7.5 Golf R - DSG
- 2020 Audi Q7 S-Line 50 TDI
- 2021 MK8 GTI Clubsport - DSG

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #475 on: 14 March 2022, 22:17 »
Mine has been in the dealers - same issue as some people are saying here: "SOS unavailable", "Travel assist unavailable", "Rear traffic alert disabled", "Rear parking sensors disabled".

They updated the software which didn't fix it, so now they're replacing the steering wheel. Car has been with them since the end of February, still no sign of being fixed. Apparently the VW approved resolution is to replace the steering wheel, but its on back order, so it'll have been with them for 3 weeks+ by the time I get it back. I hope this fixes it or I'll be returning the car, this is becoming a joke.

Mine has been in today for the same issues. It was in last week for them and they said it was the antenna in the shark fin on the roof that was faulty. Today a new one was fit and they have put me on the last eat software 1896. It’s fix the sos fault so far. I ended up complaining to VW UK last week and they have done my first service for free. Just worth knowing for people in the same position but don’t want to reject the car. Push them for some good will.
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #476 on: 15 March 2022, 19:29 »
I’ve also got the "Emergency SOS error Please contact the workshop" message up now and the light next to the button is red. I’ve read on another forum this results in the module being replaced?

Is there a way to disable the SOS feature so the error message goes away and doesn’t come back? I didn’t really care for it anyway and will get it sorted when there’s a definitive fix.
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #477 on: 16 March 2022, 04:19 »
My Ed45 is due to be delivered next Thursday, I have asked the dealer to update to the latest software and sent them the TPI sheets for the 1896 iteration ; I had a call from them saying they can't just update the software, if they find any of the issues in the TPI when doing the PDI then they can look to update it, I'm a little concerned now that @Carl_45 has an issue already...

Has anyone else done the same as me and had luck with the dealer updating the software before delivery?

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #478 on: 16 March 2022, 06:48 »
My Ed45 is due to be delivered next Thursday, I have asked the dealer to update to the latest software and sent them the TPI sheets for the 1896 iteration ; I had a call from them saying they can't just update the software, if they find any of the issues in the TPI when doing the PDI then they can look to update it, I'm a little concerned now that @Carl_45 has an issue already...

Has anyone else done the same as me and had luck with the dealer updating the software before delivery?

Congrats on your car eventually arriving btw!

I wouldn’t start to panic just yet, from what I’ve read, the SOS issue appears to be a true hardware fault, at the end of the day, if the hardware develops a fault due to whatever physical defect and the software detects it, the software has work well. I have no other issues other than the SOS…. Touch wood if you’re superstitious!

There’s a few annoyances, like the lame keeping aid if your trying to make progress past traffic, but the Brocky method (indicator stork button) takes care of that, and it’s not fault it’s the limitations of the tech.

Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #479 on: 16 March 2022, 06:54 »

Congrats on your car eventually arriving btw!

I wouldn’t start to panic just yet, from what I’ve read, the SOS issue appears to be a true hardware fault, at the end of the day, if the hardware develops a fault due to whatever physical defect and the software detects it, the software has work well. I have no other issues other than the SOS…. Touch wood if you’re superstitious!

There’s a few annoyances, like the lame keeping aid if your trying to make progress past traffic, but the Brocky method (indicator stork button) takes care of that, and it’s not fault it’s the limitations of the tech.

Thank you, going straight to my Detailer so won't get to drive until end of the month, even so, really looking forward to it now!

OK, perhaps I'll just ease of a bit stressing the point to the dealer, I am one that wants to keep my cars away from the dealer as much as possible, hence the reason for wanting the latest software from day one!