Poll

What version of software is your car running?

7 (8.8%)
24 (30%)
11 (13.8%)
11 (13.8%)
Something else
27 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Mk8 software version poll  (Read 101947 times)

Offline bjbanny

• Not said much yet
Re: Mk8 software version poll
« Reply #430 on: 06 February 2022, 20:02 »
So 1890 seems good so far apart from the fact that my headlights are now on all the time! And yes I have checked the settings and they are set to auto…🙄😂
there is an option to choose how early the automatic headlights turns on. have you tried that?
ordered on 30/09/2020 
GTI, Pure White, Business Premium Pack, Fog light, Tinted side & rear windows,   "Richmond" alloy wheels 18, Belmont winter wheels,  IQ.LIGHT  LED Metrix, pick up Autostadt Wolfsburg.

Offline Ubique

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #431 on: 06 February 2022, 20:07 »
So 1890 seems good so far apart from the fact that my headlights are now on all the time! And yes I have checked the settings and they are set to auto…🙄😂
there is an option to choose how early the automatic headlights turns on. have you tried that?

It seems to sorted out now, had an in car update that after I downloaded it turned off the lights.

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
« Reply #432 on: 07 February 2022, 17:01 »
It's been a while now since this thread was set up and I know the s/w issue has been a hot topic throughout.

I'd find it helpful to know what version people are on now and, for those who have managed to get an update, whether it has proved to be better/the same/even worse.

I'd organise a new poll but I'm a dinosaur so it will need someone young, bright and knowledgeable to do that but if we can't find anyone like that maybe @fredgroves could give it another go.  :wink:
Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE

Offline miromen

• Not said much yet
« Reply #433 on: 07 February 2022, 17:32 »
Today's new SW 1890.
The start with 1803 was about 2-3s.
Now it's under 1s.

Offline Dave1rs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #434 on: 07 February 2022, 17:57 »
It's been a while now since this thread was set up and I know the s/w issue has been a hot topic throughout.

I'd find it helpful to know what version people are on now and, for those who have managed to get an update, whether it has proved to be better/the same/even worse.

I'd organise a new poll but I'm a dinosaur so it will need someone young, bright and knowledgeable to do that but if we can't find anyone like that maybe @fredgroves could give it another go.  :wink:

I’m on the original 1664 with no faults ….. I had a new steering wheel and loom,one update and one safety recall and everything is now ok.

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
« Reply #435 on: 07 February 2022, 19:29 »

I’m on 1668 bill, I have had 1 update about sep last yr can’t remember what it was. Mine goes back tomorrow to either be totally fixed or straight to scrap yard..!!! 🤪  besides the rattle/ noise from front passenger side I’ve so many different software problems I’ve just give up to the point my local dealer has a 2019 tcr that I’m beginning to think might be a good choice, the only problem is will I be r3gret it as my clubby is a great car to drive ( personally much better than my 7.5 gti performance I sold
67 Polo GTI Reflex Silver
19 Polo GTI+ Black
70  Golf GTI Performance Pure White
21 Golf Clubsport Dolphin Grey

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #436 on: 07 February 2022, 19:35 »

Basically if you haven't got 1890 you've got software problems of some kind... whether it annoys you or not, they are there.

If you were on 17xx or 18xx you can try to get an upgrade now, if you are on 16xx (like me) you'll have to wait.

I've not seen anyone with 1890 report they have problems still (the AC sync thing is a "function" rather than a bug, although I did read of a possible way to get it, at the sacrifice of something else!)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
« Reply #437 on: 07 February 2022, 20:10 »

Basically if you haven't got 1890 you've got software problems of some kind... whether it annoys you or not, they are there.

If you were on 17xx or 18xx you can try to get an upgrade now, if you are on 16xx (like me) you'll have to wait.

I've not seen anyone with 1890 report they have problems still (the AC sync thing is a "function" rather than a bug, although I did read of a possible way to get it, at the sacrifice of something else!)
This might sound like a stupid question but why can’t my car be updated to 1890 …?
67 Polo GTI Reflex Silver
19 Polo GTI+ Black
70  Golf GTI Performance Pure White
21 Golf Clubsport Dolphin Grey

Offline M6TT F

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #438 on: 07 February 2022, 20:15 »

I’m on 1668 bill, I have had 1 update about sep last yr can’t remember what it was. Mine goes back tomorrow to either be totally fixed or straight to scrap yard..!!! 🤪  besides the rattle/ noise from front passenger side I’ve so many different software problems I’ve just give up to the point my local dealer has a 2019 tcr that I’m beginning to think might be a good choice, the only problem is will I be r3gret it as my clubby is a great car to drive ( personally much better than my 7.5 gti performance I sold

Your car sounds like it has the same rattle as mine, along with all the faults. Mines going back in to the dealer on Thursday.

Offline DoomedHippie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #439 on: 08 February 2022, 15:15 »
Currently on 1788, mine has gone in to the dealer today with a list as long as your arm on the software faults. I've just had lots of notifications from VW We connect saying my infotainment has been deactivated.... I hope this means the new software is being installed as we speak!

One new issue I had last week was half of the screen just going off. It still worked, just couldn't see what I was doing. Anyone else experienced that?