Poll

Do you have, or do you plan to get an extended warranty?

Yes, with VW
15 (42.9%)
Yes, with a third-party warranty provider
3 (8.6%)
No, they're not worth it / I like living dangerously
11 (31.4%)
I'm undecided
6 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author Topic: Extended warranty, yay or nay?  (Read 6774 times)

Offline darrent

• Not said much yet
Re: Extended warranty, yay or nay?
« Reply #50 on: 07 November 2021, 15:26 »
I would've thought if you were willing to pay that just for the warranty then the All in would be the better choice it works out £400/year which includes a service, MOT, road side assistance and the warranty as you will know.
The all in can be paid for in instalments, don't know if the standalone warranty can, so £33.45/ month over 2 years.
I'm taking it out next month.

Yes I understand that it has more things included for not much more money. What I was trying to understand was whether the warranty cover under the All-in policy was the same as the cover under the standalone warranty.

Also, as I already have a VW service plan in place, then it appears my vehicle isn't eligible. So I expect this would need to be settled / cancelled before I can take out All-in cover anyway 🤷‍♂️
Ah right got ya. I was told it was the same cover, not the same as having it in black and white in front of you though  :grin:
Going off the other post I'll have to see what happens with not having the air con service done, I was told I must have the brake fluid done but no mention was made of the aircon service.
It's great ringing up places, not just VW, and only getting half the tale!

Offline TaksGTI

• Just got here
« Reply #51 on: 08 November 2021, 10:05 »
To be honest the independent I use doesn’t give me an invoice with the VW part numbers but I get similar paperwork to when I had my SEAT on a service plan which states when my front oil diff change, sunroof & ac should be done.

Offline Aparat

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #52 on: 09 November 2021, 12:10 »

But wondering whether to go for this or the all-in which is not much more expensive. Anyone know if the all-in warranty is the same level of cover?

The only difference I see is for exclusions:
All in cover - Clutch frictional material
Clutch frictional material, clutch pressure plates, dual clutch systems and release bearings.

Extended warranty from VW - Clutch frictional material
Means clutch pressure plates, bearing and frictional material.

So on all in warranty DSG seems to be not covered or is that just for.clutch in dsg box?
« Last Edit: 09 November 2021, 18:39 by Aparat »

Offline Spud122

• Not said much yet
« Reply #53 on: 09 November 2021, 13:26 »
Strangely Audi and Skoda currently have special offers on the all in plan, but not VW.

https://www.audi.co.uk/uk/web/en/owners/servicing/service-plans/all-in.html

Just taken this out for my recently purchased A4.

Don't think you can go wrong at the current price of £24 a month.

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #54 on: 09 November 2021, 16:04 »
^^^^^That's a bargain!  Hopefully VW will follow suit and offer the discount.