Author Topic: GTD Seats  (Read 4928 times)

Offline JosieD

• Just got here
GTD Seats
« on: 01 January 2020, 18:56 »
Hi

I have had my GTD since new in 2017 and I absolutely love the car but I cannot get comfortable in the seat.

I'm a 5ft2in female with a bad back who does 20k+ miles a year and i really struggle with the bucket seats, i need to be able to make the seat flat. I use an orthopedic seat base which helps a bit but not enough.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do as I'm starting to think that I'm going to have to change the car!!

Thanks

Josie

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: GTD Seats
« Reply #1 on: 01 January 2020, 20:20 »
Hi Josie, welcome to the forum :smiley:

I don't know the answer to this but if I were you I'd post the question in the main MK7 section where you'll likely get a much better response. This section is generally quiet in comparison and since the seats are the same in the GTI, there's little advantage in being here. I hope you resolve it, would be a shame to have to sell your car!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 01 January 2020, 21:02 »
Agree with Watts, it's a bit quiet in here.

I find the Golf driving position a bit high, but the seats themselves ok. Have you tried altering the steering wheel position rather than the seats? Sometimes that can help.
7.5 GTD

Offline JosieD

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 02 January 2020, 17:45 »
Hi

thank you for your responses, I will try the GTI forum and see if anyone has any ideas.