Author Topic: Dom's MK5 Gti - New Wheels  (Read 43141 times)

Offline th3_f15t

• I live here
Re: Dom's MK5 Gti - New Wheels
« Reply #60 on: 07 June 2016, 20:48 »
Had the same wheels and R32 rear on my mk5 GTI for a time, this makes me miss it quite a bit. But I don't regret getting the 6R so it's a mixed bag of emotions reading this thread. Get that rust sorted and she'll be a show stopper, plus good condition ones that have been sorted are holding value much better at the moment, so it's also a sensible move to address the body work (in case you need to justify the spend to someone!).

Moving over to Flickr, sorry for the broken picture links!

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #61 on: 17 June 2016, 13:20 »
Had the same wheels and R32 rear on my mk5 GTI for a time, this makes me miss it quite a bit. But I don't regret getting the 6R so it's a mixed bag of emotions reading this thread. Get that rust sorted and she'll be a show stopper, plus good condition ones that have been sorted are holding value much better at the moment, so it's also a sensible move to address the body work (in case you need to justify the spend to someone!).

Your 6R is awesome, I much prefer the 6R over the 7R. I would love to get one myself but I'm moving house in a couple of months, first child is due in November and I'm getting married next summer so I can't justify it :cry:

I will definitely sort the rust though, I can't stand knowing that it is there :angry:

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #62 on: 17 June 2016, 20:16 »

Your 6R is awesome, I much prefer the 6R over the 7R. I would love to get one myself but I'm moving house in a couple of months, first child is due in November and I'm getting married next summer so I can't justify it :cry:

I will definitely sort the rust though, I can't stand knowing that it is there :angry:

Congrats on it all mate.
Is the rust covered on warrenty or not?

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #63 on: 11 January 2019, 15:46 »
Not been on here in a few years!!! This still around? looking smart man :afro:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #64 on: 11 February 2019, 21:35 »
Not been on here in a few years!!! This still around? looking smart man :afro:

How are you keeping? I've not been around for a while either! The Mk5 went in January 2017, a 60 mile commute and a baby meant that it had to go.

This was the replacement:

But that is now up for sale as I've changed jobs again and live 4 miles from work, just stuck a deposit down on this: