Author Topic: Andy's 16v Corrado (finally back in a Golf)  (Read 138011 times)

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
Re: Andy's Classic Green Corrado 16v
« Reply #90 on: 23 January 2010, 14:49 »
Just got back from a morning in  Chesterfield and thought I'd just take a couple of shots after I'd washed the salt and crud off  :angry:

As you can see, not much has happened on the cosmetic front. However a lot of time and money is going into getting this thing in top working condition  (with regular polishing thrown in for good measure  :wink:)

Getting me arse in gear and tackling the replacement drivers seat this coming Friday. Cleaned, dried and put in  :smiley:.

Hopefully the car will look loads better when the wheels have had their refurb as well  :sad:
« Last Edit: 23 January 2010, 19:47 by Andy-H »
'95 Mystic blue Mk3 2.0l 8v - gone
'93 2.0l 16v Corrado - gone (and missed)
'02 A4 Quattro sport - gone
'91 Black 2.1 16v Corrado -gone
'91 Tornado red Mk2

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
« Reply #91 on: 24 January 2010, 12:24 »
Oh, and a shot from the other night showing the uprated headlight loom at work  :smiley:

Crap, blurry picture but you get the idea.

'91 Tornado red Mk2

Offline robz

• I live here
  • mk3's rule, haters gonna hate!
« Reply #92 on: 24 January 2010, 12:28 »
looking good there m8!
are ya gonna be lowering it, cant remember lol
certainly got a nice n there!

Believe me its a dead ringer for you! Even says something stupid!

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
« Reply #93 on: 24 January 2010, 12:36 »
It's aleady down 40mm Mate  :wink:

Gonna scuff these tyres off that I have on the front that are the wrong profile until refurb time (should be booking in this week if the price is right). Problem is I have found some other wheels on the bay that have caught my eye so I'll wait 'till they end before I go for the refurb on these  :wink:

Not going to go lower with this with the roads being so bad around here  :angry:

EDIT: also just got a window motor coming from Shaung60 off the Corrado forum so should be a busy weekend with the seat and all  :laugh:

PS. Anyone removed a seat out of a Corrado, never done one mesen so some pointers would be nice  :embarassed:
« Last Edit: 24 January 2010, 12:40 by Andy-H »
'91 Tornado red Mk2

Offline leeroy20vt

• I live here
  • h reg mk2 gti
« Reply #94 on: 25 January 2010, 18:02 »
that loom looks like it works well m8 im impressed

as for the seat surley there the same as a mk2 golf 10mm bolt and allen key at front undo that lift handle slide out backwards mayby lol

got a question for u have u done the door handle yet m8 if so how do u get them off sopose got to take door card of unlike the golf lol

urs looks lower than mine mines ment to be 40mm to but the back sits quite high what size rims u on m8

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
« Reply #95 on: 25 January 2010, 20:39 »
looking tidy mate!  :cool: but you cant park straight on your drive   :tongue: :smiley:

you going to ultimate dubs mate?

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
« Reply #96 on: 26 January 2010, 12:57 »
that loom looks like it works well m8 im impressed

as for the seat surley there the same as a mk2 golf 10mm bolt and allen key at front undo that lift handle slide out backwards mayby lol

got a question for u have u done the door handle yet m8 if so how do u get them off sopose got to take door card of unlike the golf lol

urs looks lower than mine mines ment to be 40mm to but the back sits quite high what size rims u on m8

Hi Mate, yeah, the loom is much better  :smiley:

Cheers for the heads up on the seat  :wink: I'll give that a go when the seat is dry. The door handle was OK. Take the door card off, undo the screw above the door catch, disconnect the block connector inside the door near the window motor and then pull the handle out of the door  :wink:. Might need a bit of persueding out as the seal sticks to the door a little. Oh, and it comes out lock end first  :wink:

My rims are 16's Mate.

looking tidy mate!  :cool: but you cant park straight on your drive   :tongue: :smiley:

you going to ultimate dubs mate?

Cheeky  :tongue:

Thinking about this one mate for sure, probably the Sunday  :smiley:
'91 Tornado red Mk2

Offline DrewGTI

• I live here
« Reply #97 on: 26 January 2010, 18:27 »
 :wink:

looking good tho mate!

yeah, i'm heading up the sunday for sure. . been itching to get to a show since last september!

see what goodies and be found too! (wheels)  :cool:

got many other plans or is it still just keeping on top of things that need doing?

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
« Reply #98 on: 26 January 2010, 18:33 »
Gonna get these wheels refurbed Mate first (unless those others don't go much higher that I'm watching on the bay  :wink:)

After that Mate it will be a case of enjoying the thing throughout the summer with minimal tinkering  :lipsrsealed:

Goodies found there are going to cause further modifications but that is a risk I'm willing to take  :laugh:

What size wheels are you looking at??
'91 Tornado red Mk2

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
« Reply #99 on: 29 January 2010, 15:48 »
Well, after some valuable advice from Guy & Dubplate Dan regarding cleaning the replacement drivers seat I ended up searching round places like HSS and the like to hire a wet & dry vac and I was looking at around £30 for a days hire  :sad:

So I decided to look up local valeters to see what sort of price I was looking at for a loose seat to be cleaned. Got a price that was a lot less than the hire cost of the vac and my drivers seat went from this  :sad:................

To this  :smiley:.............

Amazing what a tenner can get you these days  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The seat will reside by the radiator tonight/tomorrow morning until dry and then it will be fitting time  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 29 January 2010, 19:31 by Andy-H »
'91 Tornado red Mk2