Author Topic: What is it with dealers??  (Read 670 times)

neo66

What is it with dealers??
« on: 14 April 2009, 20:00 »
Why is it when ever I buy a part for my Gti it always comes slightly damage(mainly scratched!)
Got the phone call today after a week of waitng saying ''your parts have come in''....YES, awesome I thought!! only when i saw them down the dealers they were bent and scrathed to buggary!
This happened also when I first got the car as I had to buy a bit then.
Lets hope the same dont happen again next week!

Offline ifti

• I live here
Re: What is it with dealers??
« Reply #1 on: 14 April 2009, 21:16 »
I have to say, my local VW dealer is absolute crap. Went to visit them for the first time today since owning my ED30......

1. Had my keys re-programmed. One key now works different to the other! With one key I press unlock and it unlocks all doors. With the other key I have to press unlock twice to unlock all doors. Ive checked settings in the Highline and its set to unlock all doors with a single press - yet one key is different to the other.
The dealer told me they havent come across this before and need to take the car back in so they can reprogram again - for what its worth I dont think it will make a difference, but no explanation from dealer.

2. My air intake hose has come off of the engine cover. I cant see any broken parts whatsoever - just needs the hose put back in place but i dont have any tools to open the clip.
Showed them today and they said I need a new part, which may not be covered by warranty!!
I asked how much it would be, and the guy said he didnt know and would ring me later?!?!?! Why doesnt be know how much it is??!!! lol
More importantly, why isnt this a warranty job? This isnt down to wear and tear or lack of maintenance, and the car is only 8 months old!!!

Im taking the car back in tomorrow as he hasnt rang me as promised, but I'll be having it out with them in regards to what exactly needs replacing, and why warranty wont cover it!

Absolutely useless. I will deffo not be takin gmy car to them for my first service, I'll go to another dealer!

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #2 on: 14 April 2009, 21:36 »
Damn VW, i bought this car expecting them to sort such things as hose clips next they will be saying that changing tyres is not covered under warranty also! im outraged i will write a letter to my local dealer!

Offline ifti

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 14 April 2009, 21:43 »
When Ive purchased a car less then 8 months old, I expect everything to be spot on, and if its not, it should be put right.
Fair enough, its just a hose clip but...

1. Its still up to them to fix - it shouldnt have come off in the first place.
2. How can a dealer not know whether its covered by warranty or not?
3. How can a dealer not know if it needs a new part or not?
3. How can a dealer not know how much it would cost for a new part?

Sorry, but the above indicates a very poor dealership to me. They do not seem to know the answers to basic questions!
Joke all you want, but its a basic 1 minute fix that they seem to be unable to do!

Offline matthewsimone

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 14 April 2009, 21:50 »
i no what you mean lada when i was in my local stealer having rear wiper motor replaced i was talking to the workshop foreman and just asked him if my gti had a timing belt or chain and he never knew for sure, i find this lack of genereal basic knowledge a total joke coming from someone in his job role/posistion and thats not it there has been half a dozen silly things ive phoned up to enquire about and they just dont seem to have any kind of organisation within the dealerships joke the lot of them  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: