Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2789317 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11400 on: 27 May 2021, 15:22 »
Decided today to keep it and have cancelled the Tiguan I had on order (so angy with VW right now, but that's another story).
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline RM

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11401 on: 27 May 2021, 20:17 »
Today I’ve… agreed to sell it. All a bit sudden, but a little while ago I put my info into Motorway to see it’s likely value, just out of curiosity. The valuation was circa. £14.5k. I then got an email saying the valuation was £16,800, so I thought I’d complete the process, send pics, and actually speak to them. That led to it going up for sale with a reserved of £17,250. It sold for just over £17,700.

I’m now in contact with a dealer who’s buying it, and spending my time on Autotrader working out what’s next. Oh, and I asked DMS to remove the remap today… that was a shocker on the way home!

Funny how things work out sometimes.

What age spec and mileage is it? Would you reccomend selling that way then I have thought about giving it a try but don't know anyone else who has used motorway.

Standard non-PP GTi, DSG, 5-door, MK7.5, 17’ plate. Boggo standard, 49k miles.

So far Motorway themselves have been superb. The process is easy, their comms is good, they’ve followed up since I agreed a deal to make sure everything was OK and the buyer had been in touch.

At the moment I’m in the hands of the buyer. They’ve contacted me for info (service history, photo of the V5C, bank details, etc) and I’m now just waiting for a collection date from the third party they use.
This is the bit that’s likely to vary each time; Motorway are on the sideline at the moment and I imagine some buyers are better to deal with than others.

From what I’ve experienced so far I’d definitely recommended it. The process and service has been great and the price was higher than I expected… I just hope the buyers collection service hurry up now!

Offline Norwich7point5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11402 on: 28 May 2021, 11:30 »
I christened my new towbar & dedicated wiring kit!
That's my son in the picture; just getting ready for a ride around the Chiltern Hills.

2017 mk7.5 Indium Grey Metallic GTI - 3 door - Manual - Art Velours - Brescia 19s - No fog lights!

Offline coolhandluke123

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11403 on: 28 May 2021, 14:21 »
I christened my new towbar & dedicated wiring kit!
That's my son in the picture; just getting ready for a ride around the Chiltern Hills.

Is it a removable one and approx cost? Was the ACC reset or is that not required with a dedicated set up? Also what make of rack is that?
« Last Edit: 28 May 2021, 14:23 by coolhandluke123 »

Offline Norwich7point5

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11404 on: 28 May 2021, 15:15 »
I went for a Westfalia detachable. I had one on my mk4 and they're really good. I also went for a dedicated 7 pin electric kit. The price was £654 but that included coding the ECU. They have to run a loom up the passenger side and connect in behind the glovebox, so there's a bit of work involved.
I'm not so sure about the ACC...I occasionally get an 'ACC unavailable' error flash up when the towbar isn't connected so they might be linked. FredGroves on here mentioned that it needs re-calibrating after a towbar fit but I think it's a dealer only job (read expensive).

The bike rack is a Thule 3 bike rack. Again; brilliant piece of kit. Keep your eye out as Halfords sometimes have decent discounts on them.

2017 mk7.5 Indium Grey Metallic GTI - 3 door - Manual - Art Velours - Brescia 19s - No fog lights!

Offline coolhandluke123

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11405 on: 28 May 2021, 16:24 »
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Offline RM

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11406 on: 28 May 2021, 17:41 »
Today I waved it goodbye  :cry:

It's already up for sale on the buying dealers website for £19,500, with a picture of it still on my front driveway! They're not hanging about that's for sure!

So, ladies and gentlemen, it has been a pleasure, I wish you and your GTi's well. And with that, I'm out...

Offline Meister

• Not said much yet
  • 2018 GTI - Pure White
« Reply #11407 on: 29 May 2021, 19:15 »
Washed and polished ready for the arrival of new wheels  :smiley: :smiley:

NOW - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI, Manual- Pure White
GONE - 2015 Mk7 GTD, Manual - Tungsten
GONE - 2014 Scirocco GTS 2.0TDI - Salsa Red
GONE - 2012 Scirocco 2.0TDI - Black
GONE - 2009 Mk6 GTI - Tornado Red
GONE - 2008 Mk5 GtTDI - Reflex Silver
GONE - 1991 Corrado 1.8 16v - Dark Green
GONE - 1989 Jetta 1.8 'Show condition' - Red

Offline nunchuck

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11408 on: 29 May 2021, 21:30 »
Nothing too exciting my new mats arrived along with my last clubsport centre cap.

Hi sorry to bother you but where did you buy mats please.  They look great

Offline Toeman

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11409 on: 29 May 2021, 21:46 »
You can order them from. Your vw dealer