Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2789369 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5940 on: 30 January 2017, 18:23 »
Do they do 3 door versions of the Lockwood ones?

Yes they do.  Are you getting an R James?   Only reason I ask is have seen your name on VWROC, and I set up a group buy on Lockwood R sills on there, in case you were thinking of getting a set.

Thanks Rebecca. I am trying to find an R currently but not having much look finding a car with the bits I want on. The Reflex Silver Golf R 3 doors have drawn me back to silver but they are very rare.

Good luck with your continued search James, they are rare.  Why not make Raffe an offer he can't refuse for his, lol.

I might have to at this rate, missed out on another one yesterday. Got a sent a video of the car and buy the time I got to looking at it, it was gone.

Might be a facelift now for me, so hopefully Reflex Silver won't be dropped.

Frustrating!  Hopefully they will keep Reflex Silver, it's such a beautiful colour on the Mk7, really makes the very best of the shape and lines.  If I was buying another R it's the colour I'd go for (but in 5 door) with 90% rear tints and Prets.   Keep searching, you never know what might pop up.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5941 on: 30 January 2017, 18:25 »
Hmmm, great, LHD lorry decided he needed to swing out to perform a tight left when entering a roundabout, didn't check to see if anyone was next to him...

Could have been worse. Apparently it was my fault even though I was clearly in my own lane and being on his right should have somehow known he wanted to turn left. Followed him back to his depot to discuss it in safety but didn't realise the mirror glass was loose so it has inflicted dozens of chips and scratches to the door. Buggerations.  :cry: :angry:

Gutting!   :sad:  Feel for you.  Hopefully the paint damage will be rectifiable without needing a respray. Are the chips beyond the clearcoat?

Thanks, yes, the mirror glass was clattering against the paint for about a mile until it was safe to get out and remove it. Bloody annoying and frustrating, it'd been just a bolt off/on job otherwise. Was booked in to the DL recommended garage but just cancelled as I'd rather stick with my trusted local garage. Hopefully it'll all be sorted by the end of next week. Bloody blind lorry drivers :angry:

Well at least it will all be sorted by your trusted bodyshop.  Better to go to a place you trust.  I did the same when might was damaged and had to go through insurance, Direct Line were very accommodating about me using my preferred bodyshop instead of theirs.  Hopefully you'll have it back in no time and enjoying it once more.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5942 on: 30 January 2017, 18:43 »
Took it to the garage for them to investigate a rattle...forgot to tell them not to wash it...pick it up tomorrow hope 6 months of Booth11 type washing, or aspiring too, hasn't been scuppered in one go :cry:
Sorry Watts I know this will seem pretty minor in comparison to your experience.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5943 on: 30 January 2017, 18:47 »

Frustrating!  Hopefully they will keep Reflex Silver, it's such a beautiful colour on the Mk7, really makes the very best of the shape and lines.  If I was buying another R it's the colour I'd go for (but in 5 door) with 90% rear tints and Prets.   Keep searching, you never know what might pop up.

Reflex has been dropped for 'White Silver' or Silver White or something remarkably similar.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #5944 on: 30 January 2017, 19:31 »

Reflex has been dropped for 'White Silver' or Silver White or something remarkably similar.

I hope it's just a name change, as I really like the colour.
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5945 on: 30 January 2017, 19:48 »
Not quite done yet, but these turned up today...

And this...

Roll on the weekend.
« Last Edit: 30 January 2017, 19:52 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Damion

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5946 on: 30 January 2017, 19:59 »
I notice the lack of swirl marks on the worktop ...... :smiley:
2016 R!
2016 GTI PP Ordered and cancelled
2015 3DR GTD
2011 3DR GTD
2008 3DR 2.0TDI GT Sport

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5947 on: 30 January 2017, 20:01 »
Took it to the garage for them to investigate a rattle...forgot to tell them not to wash it...pick it up tomorrow hope 6 months of Booth11 type washing, or aspiring too, hasn't been scuppered in one go :cry:
Sorry Watts I know this will seem pretty minor in comparison to your experience.

No sorry required Pixwix, I'd be right on edge in those circumstances too. My knock was very light, can't even claim for whiplash :rolleyes: My first car insurance claim in 33 years of driving, I was totally unprepared :embarrassed:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #5948 on: 30 January 2017, 20:02 »
Not quite done yet, but these turned up today...

And this...

Roll on the weekend.

I've got absolutely no idea, what are they?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5949 on: 30 January 2017, 20:22 »

I've got absolutely no idea, what are they?

Crappy photos but you get the idea..

'scuse fingermarks
imagen

And OBDeleven Pro dongle is the alternative to VCDS for making changes/tweaks via the OBD port.  Used in combination with an app.

https://obdeleven.com
« Last Edit: 30 January 2017, 20:30 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual