Author Topic: Defensive Parking  (Read 13980 times)

Offline RickS

• I live here
Re: Defensive Parking
« Reply #20 on: 17 August 2010, 09:30 »
without wanting to sound inconsiderate or lacking in understanding, why do people have to take small children shopping anyway; can't one parent stay home with the kids whilst the other does the shopping?
should all the stay at home mothers hold off from shopping until the husbands get home from work to look after the children?

Yes.
Most supermarkets are open until 20:00 6 days a week, I'm sure that would accomodate the vast majority of people.
2012 R. Rising Blue 3 door DSG with 19" Talladega's, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, DCC, Rear Cam, Colour MFD, Lux pack, Storage pack, Service plan.

Offline A7 UFO

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 17 August 2010, 09:42 »
how about bollux to you.  There's no way I want to get home from work and have to baby sit whilst the mrs goes shopping on her own.

Offline Phil1980

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 17 August 2010, 10:42 »
how about bollux to you.  There's no way I want to get home from work and have to baby sit whilst the mrs goes shopping on her own.

Well said  :wink:
MK5 2005 GTI, BLACK, 3 DR, 18" MONZA II, XENONS

Offline Ess_Three

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 17 August 2010, 11:42 »
I can appreciate why the extra space is needed if you have small kids believe me [even though I don't have any]; but without wanting to sound inconsiderate or lacking in understanding, why do people have to take small children shopping anyway; can't one parent stay home with the kids whilst the other does the shopping? [or get a minder - not Terry  :grin:]

Ever heard of single mums?
When are they supposed to shop in your world?

Or what about families where one parent works away?
Does the other parent/chuldren go without food for 2/4 weeks until the other parent comes home to babysit?

So basically, you managed to sound both inconsiderate and lacking in understanding.
Bravo!  :rolleyes:

Reducing my Golf count by the week....
..but gaining motorcycles.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #24 on: 17 August 2010, 11:53 »
Woops! :grin:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline KennyGTI

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 17 August 2010, 12:18 »

Wow, a picture can tell a thousand stories!  :rolleyes:

APR Stage 2+

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 17 August 2010, 12:26 »

Well said  :wink:

agreed, well said.  people who park in mother and baby spaces yet again reaffirming the 'f7ck everyone else as long as i'm all right' culture that blights this country.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 17 August 2010, 12:36 »
I often look for the nice cars that have deliberately parked away from everyone else and park next to them. It gives me a warm feeling inside knowing that they've probably gone home and logged straight onto their forum to complain......

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #28 on: 17 August 2010, 12:42 »
I've only twice parked in 'parents and children' bays because there were no other places, it was pouring buckets, I had a bad shoulder and back and there were plenty of these places. I informed the powers-that-be of my inconsiderate behaviour but gave them the reason for doing so. I shopped as quickly as possible and when I returned there were still plenty of these places available. So sue me! :grin:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #29 on: 17 August 2010, 12:47 »
                  ^^^ LOL love it  ^^^
This thread has turned into the Jeremy Kyle show  :grin:

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto