Author Topic: Upgrading the standard 6.5" speakers  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Alan21GTI

• Not said much yet
Upgrading the standard 6.5" speakers
« on: 30 April 2008, 19:03 »
Hi people. Ok first off, I have no clue when it comes to ice. I'm prob gona replace the 6.5" speakers in the front and the back of my mk3 3 GTI 3door. I'm looking at 2 pairs of 6.5" 2-Way 400w Speaker System (2x200w) form a site called 'the loudest'?
I'm not looking to blow my windows out but would like more volume and kick from the speakers. Would these fit ok and are they the correct type?
Any advice would be appreciated
Cheers
Alan

Offline Bootneck

• Not said much yet
Re: Upgrading the standard 6.5" speakers
« Reply #1 on: 30 April 2008, 20:59 »
The Loudest stuff is seriously low quality mate,you'd be better off buying Fli Integrators or some Infinity kit,alternatively look at my favourite Audio site www.audioethos.co.uk , most of his kit is second user or old lines but excellent stuff at very good prices. :smiley:
Good Advise is something men give when too old to set a bad example

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #2 on: 07 May 2008, 20:11 »
you want to be paying a little more money for your speakers, or you'll be disappointed. I used to be like "I just want a sound system better than standard, nothing fancy."

But in the long run, better speakers, like Alpine or inifinity, etc, will be a much better choice. Anyway they arent that much more expensive. Another thing, it is best to grab a set from the new line (2008) so it has the newest tech. Check official websites of Alpine, etc.

Stay away from cheap speakers and stick to the big brands.

LL ;)

Offline greencode

• Here all the time
  • Golf R - Pure White
« Reply #3 on: 04 August 2008, 17:12 »
I used to have a pair of MB Quarts in the front and Infinity Kappa in the rear of my 205GTI and they sounded fantastic.