Author Topic: Help with my zero knowledge on car audio  (Read 3178 times)

Offline AJ_EQ

• Not said much yet
Re: Help with my zero knowledge on car audio
« Reply #10 on: 09 April 2011, 20:20 »
what power are the 6x9s? standard manufacturer cabling is a bit sh!te imo, but will do the job fine, as mentioned, an amp will do a much better job and make the 6x9s more clearer, just to add, parcel shelves are flimsy and may break from the weight on them

lol tbh Id rather not have the 6 x9's at all and keep a nice clean parcel shelf.  But atm cant afford to spend money on a new parcel shelf so will make to with current one for time being.

took rear door cards out, which was fun being a 3 door.  I managed not to break anything  :wink:

Spliced the cables together and bam sounds a lot better than those standard rear speakers even without amp, though I couldnt get the tweeter in the door cards to work.... oh well..  no problem i have some of those amazing 3-way 6 x 9's...not...

Maybe in the future I will drop some new speakers in the front. 

If I was to consider putting new speakers in the back again in the future.  Would it be better to drop them the oem holes in the rear door card or stealth shelf them?

Im not a massive fan of having amps taking up boot space.... hmmm maybe a small might fit in that first aid/warning triangle place  :huh:

Offline B-chi

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 09 April 2011, 21:57 »
Don't connect standard tweeters to aftermarket speakers. You'll alter the impedance the internal amp of the hu sees. Either running it under impedance which could low it or over impedance which will prevent it from running at it's rated power.

Your 6x9s have built in tweeters.

Just connect the 6x9s to the two cables coming from the front of the car.

There's loads of places to hide amps in the mk3. Have a look at project 150db.

Offline AJ_EQ

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 10 April 2011, 01:39 »
There's loads of places to hide amps in the mk3. Have a look at project 150db.

Very interesting, intrigued to know what you guna do with the rear door card/amp.... Now Ive taken the speakers out of there, there is ample space.... for an amp :grin:  Maybe a future project for me.

ergh.... Both my door cards are now back on, with the tweeters still clipped in...  Do reckon this will be alright, there not working and I really cant be arsed to take the panel off again.

Offline B-chi

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 10 April 2011, 08:43 »
Leave them in there just unplugged. In my first attempt I had a different component amp. I bonded wood to the outer panel and attached the amp to that. You need to be careful of the size of amp to refit the panel. Mine was a bit big lol.

Under seats, front footwell, roof, spare wheel well. All options.

Offline Annagyijjk

• Just got here
« Reply #14 on: 11 April 2011, 09:44 »
Moreover, cable clips 6 x 9 and the wiring of the UH. Any idea where I could get this?
it just means that I can whip out a hat on the shelf when I need to put behind Mtb. Cannot Ignore The Tory Burch Shoes History of Tory Burch Shoes

Offline B-chi

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 11 April 2011, 09:46 »
Sorry mate.

Have no clue wtf you just said.

Offline AJ_EQ

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 11 April 2011, 11:10 »
Moreover, cable clips 6 x 9 and the wiring of the UH. Any idea where I could get this?
it just means that I can whip out a hat on the shelf when I need to put behind Mtb. Cannot Ignore The Tory Burch Shoes History of Tory Burch Shoes

Lol wtf is this.  I did try and type a message from my username, with some similar words like this... strange...

Just wanted to ask if you can get a female/male clip that I can put on my 6 x 9 cable, so I can quickly remove parcel shelf, when I want to chuck my bike in the back?

Offline B-chi

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 11 April 2011, 11:28 »
The speakers should have male spades on the terminals. A big and little per speaker. Just get the same size female spades from halfords, etc

Plug and play voila.

Offline moroto

• Just got here
« Reply #18 on: 12 April 2011, 15:38 »
You will need an amp to power the 6x9's in the shelf.

Offline B-chi

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 12 April 2011, 16:01 »
You will need an amp to power the 6x9's in the shelf.

Why?