Author Topic: rhyso - dirty diesel power!  (Read 48723 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: rhyso - dirty diesel power!
« Reply #40 on: 27 February 2009, 22:09 »
popped round to Dai's tonight and gave him a hand to fit my new rear bumper from his donor car as mine wasn't in great condition - got to give it a bit of a clean but its in good condition  :smiley:

pics to follow after i've given the car a clean  :smiley:

bit of a bonus is that even since fitting the new wheels my MPG hasn't changed a bit  :smug:  long term average is holding at 51.7mpg  :nerd: :smug:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #41 on: 01 March 2009, 15:33 »
had an impulse buy moment and bagged myself this  :shocked:

going to get it sprayed and fitted over the next couple of weeks  :smiley:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #42 on: 04 March 2009, 11:18 »
Anniversary valence turned up yesterday :afro:

got a few jobs lined up over the next month or so

replace all vacuum lines and check for boost leaks
spray my new valence - got some wet and dry and some black paint last night
spray my autodimming mirror black and get it fitted
fit pancake pipe - coming very soon!
spray my wing mirror covers
fit TT wishbone bushes and possibly new wishbones and new ball joints
get my drivers seat repaired
detail the car
hopefully get the intercooler clamps if SFS ever get round to actually selling them...........

« Last Edit: 13 March 2009, 22:44 by Rhyso »

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #43 on: 05 March 2009, 21:16 »
1)replace vaccuum lines

with the help of Rob from work we removed the vaccuum lines from the car and the boost soleniods - most of them were in good condition so we only ended up replacing a couple

also cable tied my intercooler pipe to the EGR valve as you could move the coupling about 2mm by hand! the sooner someone sorts some proper clamps the better and they'll make an absolute fortune!

no real noticeable difference although it does seem a little quieter and pulls a fraction harder but it could be the placebo effect  :undecided:
« Last Edit: 08 March 2009, 12:54 by Rhyso »

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #44 on: 08 March 2009, 12:57 »
Update on the above ^^^^

Steve_PD had a similar problem with overboosting and has just fitted a new N75 valve so i'll be ordering that tomorrow  :smiley:

Also need to order a new coolant temperature sensor and thermostat as my temp gauge is urm confused lol

Pancake pipe should be here this week too

THanks to Shady for organising the group buy on the legal pressed plates

And i started spraying my auto dimming mirror today

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #45 on: 08 March 2009, 15:13 »

:smiley:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #46 on: 10 March 2009, 20:26 »
Got the coolant temp sensor and new thermostat -  N75 valve should be with me tomorrow and everything to be fitted on Thursday evening

also had a message that my pancake pipe has arrived - hopefully see that by the end of the week

finished spraying the valence too soo that will be another thing to fit  :smiley:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #47 on: 12 March 2009, 22:43 »
Pancake pipe

now fitted but think i still got a small boost leak - going to double check the clamps tomorrow

Also fitted the Anni rear valence

Removed

Fitted

« Last Edit: 21 August 2009, 11:12 by Rhyso »

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #48 on: 13 March 2009, 22:54 »
big thanks to Dai-Cymru for solving my boost leak - simple really - it does help if you swap the o-rings from the old pipe to the new pipe........

so thats one problem solved - still seem to have an apparent lack of power but fook me!! The top end is relentess!!  and much smoother it seems since i fitted the new N75 valve

temp gauge now sits bang on 90 all day long - will monitor MPG over the next couple of weeks

Sadly whilst Dai solved one problem he may have found another........oil in the intercooler!! Which normally means that the seals on the turbo are on their way.......

also i think Forge really should have developed the pipe a little more thoroughly - they have swapped the position of the bracket from the back to the front

position of old bracket - you can see the forge pipe doesn't have it.........

at the moment the red turbo pipe and the forge pipe are rubbing against the drive shaft - not sure if i'm missing a bracket which hold the red pipe in place  :undecided:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #49 on: 15 March 2009, 22:23 »
^^^^

yes i am missing a bracket - the one Forge removed from their new pancake pipe so going to have to come up with a fix before my driveshaft wears through the red pipe  :angry:

some good news is that done a bit more research into oil in the intercooler and it seems its perfectly normal - the main check anyone can do is to ensure you're not burning oil excessively  :wink:

just ordered some new front discs and pads as mine are rumbling quite a bit...........