Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
Re: cabby
« Reply #10 on: 12 March 2008, 20:00 »
probably not worth the hassle tbh...

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #11 on: 12 March 2008, 20:31 »
probably not worth the hassle tbh...

Agreed. There's loads of manual cabs around and very few autos so no point in causing yourself more hassle.
......now officially dubless.

Dinky

« Reply #12 on: 12 March 2008, 20:41 »
Tango,
If your serious about buying a cab, have a look in the mk1 maintenance section, there are loads of useful hints and tips to ensure you buy a decent car. As with a mk2, remember its an older car, it will have problems, but there are people, if not here but the mk1 forum, that will no doubt able to help..

Good luck with your search.

Dinx :kiss:

Offline ginga

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 12 March 2008, 21:05 »
thanx i will take all yall advice into consideration. im gonna look good and hard to find a decent one, it'll come along soon enough and be worth th wait. :smiley:

Offline leeroy20vt

• I live here
  • h reg mk2 gti
« Reply #14 on: 13 March 2008, 19:44 »
think i got the bug to just got the blue 1 in my sig with no engine or box goin to pick another 1 up at the weekend for spares for the blue lol 1 day it will be on the road 1 day lol :grin: :grin:
cant wait

Komenda

« Reply #15 on: 14 March 2008, 09:02 »
think i got the bug to just got the blue 1 in my sig with no engine or box goin to pick another 1 up at the weekend for spares for the blue lol 1 day it will be on the road 1 day lol :grin: :grin:
cant wait

Know how you feel, loads of niggly jobs. Fix one thing and you realise you have to do another. The bulk of the work is done to mine now, just got get the roof done and fit the new interior, oh and a new radiator and wheel bearing, they're not big jobs though.

Offline Phil303

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 15 March 2008, 16:31 »
Get a Mk1 cab and you'll love it. Summer is just around the corner too, perfect timing!

I'm getting a lot of 'oh, cool car!' comments recently from people when they see mine, and not necessarily people who are into VW's or cars in general. As they get rarer, when you see a nice one on the road it definitely attracts positive attention. Do your bit to keep the Mk1's alive!

Dinky

« Reply #17 on: 16 March 2008, 12:22 »
^I know what your saying Phil..I really am itching to drive my cab..it just gives me the grin factor everytime, and people really do look at the car differently :cool:

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #18 on: 16 March 2008, 14:41 »
..I really am itching

Maybe you need to get some cream for that Di ! :grin:
......now officially dubless.

Dinky

« Reply #19 on: 16 March 2008, 16:45 »
..I really am itching

Maybe you need to get some cream for that Di ! :grin:
oh har har.... your are very funny Mr Gibson.. :tongue: