Author Topic: My Rivage  (Read 3706 times)

Offline Phil K

• Not said much yet
Re: My Rivage
« Reply #10 on: 24 April 2007, 10:29 »
Cheers mate

The cable for the seat release hasn't broken so I guess I'm missing the part that lifts the catch - will have to have a look at someones seats at the next show... I'm going to try some Bonrath spring caps which claim to give you an extra 10-15mm drop on the front - fingers crossed that will be enough for now as I can't afford collies at the moment...

I have a feeling that Walt on Mk1 owners has managed to reproduce the original Rivage stickers so I'll have a go with them!

I hear Marcus is very happy with your Cab and the condition you managed to get it to... I'm looking forward to seeing it at some point!  Seems that a few of the corrado forum guys have been inspired to get a cab since me and marcus have made the move - we may even need to start a cabby sub forum on there lol

Cheers for your help mate

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #11 on: 24 April 2007, 12:29 »
I don't know too much about the spring caps but that sounds like just the ticket if that works.

I've never seen any aftermarket Rivage stickers that looked like the originals, but I guess there's always a first time.

I really do hope Marcus is happy with the cab, I did try and keep it in as good a condition as you can with a car you drive every day and I've quite missed it with the weather we've been having lately. :cry: Cabs are top cars though, they are real head turners, they look so good with the hood up or down. mmmmmmmmm, starting to really miss mine now. :laugh:
......now officially dubless.

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #12 on: 24 April 2007, 13:27 »
Cabs are top cars though, they are real head turners, they look so good with the hood up or down. mmmmmmmmm, starting to really miss mine now. :laugh:

And you can let your hair flow in the breeze!  :tongue:

Nice looking car, definate summer car. :cool:

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
« Reply #13 on: 24 April 2007, 19:33 »
gibby i'll let you drive my heap-a-junk. not a rivage but she's ok! And you really are a fountain of (youth) and knowledge. love reading your posts on cabs! :)

looking forward to seein your cab phil k

Offline Phil K

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 24 April 2007, 22:09 »
Checked with Venom today about the spring caps and mk2 items will fit and do the job - so thats good news :D

Will order the original design Riv stickers from Walt and will report how they compare...

I equaly look forward to seeing your cab Han.. which shows you planning to come to?

Last but not least, does this forum take a club/forum stand at any showsand if so how do I bag a spot?  Am planning to do Stanford Hall, Inters and E38 this year..

TIA

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 24 April 2007, 23:17 »
yes mate there is normally a GolfGTI.co.uk club stand at most of the shows. There will be a thread nearer the time about the club stand for the upcoming show so its just a case of adding your name to the list.

Offline [han]

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 25 April 2007, 07:36 »
ther'll be me you and dinx for deffo, not sure about others, simons prob gunna be in the U.S, but then again, you never can get rid of him!  :grin:

Dinky

« Reply #17 on: 26 April 2007, 20:23 »
If Walt has reproduced them im guessing the stickers will be of a very high quality...as he has spent quite abit on his cab..i know how much its insured for..unless its changed :smiley:

Dinx :kiss:

Offline [han]

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 27 April 2007, 13:34 »
i like stickers! lol.

Offline Phil K

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 28 April 2007, 19:41 »
Few more pics from todays wash and wheel change  :cool: