Author Topic: fusebox/overheating/temp gauge  (Read 6534 times)

Offline bully85

• I live here
fusebox/overheating/temp gauge
« on: 22 March 2010, 01:30 »
hi all i had to replace my fuse box the one i found was a lil defferent but the part numbers was the same although on the one i took out it had the part number repeatd twice small where the one i put in had the same number but in big print and i think it was out the mk2 everything went in ok and every think still works just wondering if it cause any problems as i replacedit trying to fix a over heating problem but the car is behaving the same way thanks
« Last Edit: 23 March 2010, 21:10 by bully85 »

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: fusebox
« Reply #1 on: 22 March 2010, 11:31 »
if the plugs all fit the same then it'll be fine.  what exactly are the symptoms?
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline bully85

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 22 March 2010, 12:47 »
yeah thay all fit in right so thats ok basically it gets up to 3/4 on the temp gauge after about ten mins fan does kick in sumtimes it gets right up to max also when i got the car it had after market gauges in the centre oil and water ones wich also read max any ideas?

Offline bully85

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 22 March 2010, 12:52 »
also forgot to add that its had new temp sender for the dails from vw new thermostat new fan swich new water pump new expansion bottle and cap and head gasket done system flush vw coolent no air lock but have noticed the water looks a lil light brown?what eles could this be?thanks

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
« Reply #4 on: 22 March 2010, 15:36 »
ok, id start by checking the sensor for the dash gauge, it should be a black collar one with a red/yel wire.  there is a coolant guide in the mk2 maintenance + info section, worth a read :)

Offline bully85

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 22 March 2010, 15:42 »
yeah sory thats the one thats been done already mate

Offline bully85

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 22 March 2010, 15:52 »
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=72160.0                                                         its the one with the blue ring around i have changed                                                                                    
« Last Edit: 22 March 2010, 15:59 by bully85 »

Offline bully85

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 23 March 2010, 16:04 »
also its jh code could the oil cooler be at fault?also only cold air comein from the heater main vents but the small ones just above it are warm?heater matrix maybe?if so are thay the same for both left and right had drive cars as mine is a left hand drive
« Last Edit: 23 March 2010, 19:29 by bully85 »

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
Re: fusebox/overheating/temp gauge
« Reply #8 on: 23 March 2010, 23:53 »
thats how the heaters are supposed to be!
oil cooler wont be causing it, had the one on my mk2 completly bypassed and engine temps wernt really effected. i suspect a wiring fault on it somewhere, just going to have to go over the sensor wires and earths with a fine tooth comb

Offline bully85

• I live here
Re: fusebox/overheating/temp gauge
« Reply #9 on: 24 March 2010, 15:11 »
will do and report back :smiley:thanks