Author Topic: Post a pic of your MKIV  (Read 1051572 times)

Offline alex160

• I live here
Re: Post a pic of your MKIV
« Reply #2530 on: 19 August 2010, 20:27 »

BBS badges on BBS wheels... BMW badges on BMW wheels. Does anyone get it yet? lol, to me it's part of the statement of making them fit his car and it's exactly the same as I would do if I had that kinda dollah to spend :)

They are BMW wheels, made by BBS for BMW as well as other car manufactures.

[/quote]

They are replica wheels as genuine ones would never fit even with adapters   :smiley:
[/quote]

Fronts would,rears would cause a slight issue :tongue:

BMW hubs required

I'm not sensitive at all,i just don't see why you need to slate people for being different.
[/quote]

There are a few people on this forum who will slate your motor all day long if it isnt their cup of tea, they know who they are im sure  :wink:
2001 Golf GT TDi  150bhp/ 250 ftIb torque  *No smoke, No poke*
Jamex coilovers, 8k HID's, 18" RS6 alloys, Pipercross panel filter. Stage 1 Revo remap.THS FR3 engine mounts, Anniversary headlamps. GTI rear spoiler, Miltek largebore decat/downpipe, Pro-speed cat back exhaust system (V6 4mo style tailpipes) *SOLD*

2002 Golf GT TDi 130. Allard egr removal kit, 18" Audi rs6 alloy wheels. Mk5 rear aero wiper.gen R32 roof spoiler, JOM coilovers, JOM heavy duty adj droplinks

Offline vwfiend

• I live here
« Reply #2531 on: 19 August 2010, 23:13 »
If their reps then surely the BMW badge is unnecessary and contradicts the whole reason for having them...... I think the wheels are really nice but the centre caps are only different because noone else would have them!?

Offline Grand Master Patch

• I live here
« Reply #2532 on: 19 August 2010, 23:33 »
If their reps then surely the BMW badge is unnecessary and contradicts the whole reason for having them...... I think the wheels are really nice but the centre caps are only different because noone else would have them!?

The wheels are made to fit a BMW,the centre bore is massive with 5X120pcd so i bought BMW centre caps to fit them,what's with all the hate? Audi/porsche centre caps ok?
« Last Edit: 19 August 2010, 23:37 by Grand Master Patch »

Offline vwfiend

• I live here
« Reply #2533 on: 19 August 2010, 23:46 »
Neither IMO. Although it's all down to personal preference. Personally I think your car is easily the best looking on here but the centre caps are the only thing that taints perfection, however if their the only ones that'll fit then that's a good enough reason for having them.....

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
« Reply #2534 on: 20 August 2010, 00:04 »

The wheels are made to fit a BMW,the centre bore is massive with 5X120pcd so i bought BMW centre caps to fit them,what's with all the hate? Audi/Porsche centre caps ok?

Most people think Audi/porche are ok because AUDI are currently are part of VAG, Porsche have always been links with VAG and will become part of the group next year. 

End of the day it's your car and you can mod it anyway you want, I've not slated the car; I've expressed my opinion in that I think the wheels would look better with the caps changed, if I'd turned round a said "your car's a f##king pile of sh1t, it looks like you've driven through a scrap yard a lashed on the first set of rims you found."  You'd have a point but read my post and you'll see I'm referring to the wheels not the car as a whole, end of the day not everyone likes the same things  :kiss:

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #2535 on: 20 August 2010, 00:22 »

The wheels are made to fit a BMW,the centre bore is massive with 5X120pcd so i bought BMW centre caps to fit them,what's with all the hate? Audi/porsche centre caps ok?

I think you getting the wrong end of my stick, hate is the wrong word. Car is looking very sweet, just think the wheels would look much nicer if didn't have BMW centres is all.

I think Audi / Porka centres are just bad VAG family or not. Just me personal taste is all. Its not an Audi , its not a Porka, its not a BMW etc etc.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #2536 on: 20 August 2010, 08:04 »
I hate you all so fcuk off and do one  :angry:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: 20 August 2010, 09:00 by Rhyso »

Offline Ridg

• I live here
  • TDI - Soot Happens!
« Reply #2537 on: 20 August 2010, 08:48 »

only becuase you want to put VW rims on your Audi once you've got it  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #2538 on: 20 August 2010, 09:01 »

only becuase you want to put VW rims on your Audi once you've got it  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ssssshhhh  :lipsrsealed:

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline Hulmie

• I live here
  • White MK4 1.8T AGU K03s
« Reply #2539 on: 20 August 2010, 09:40 »
Patch - Love the car and the wheels, regardless of centre caps.

mk4 R32 Golf, Reflex Silver, V6