Author Topic: Post a pic of your MKIV  (Read 1051702 times)

Offline CraigDavieBeattie

• I live here
  • Golf mk5 Sport Tdi 4motion
Re: Post a pic of your MKIV
« Reply #2070 on: 19 April 2010, 22:29 »
Dave is ur exhaust a sportex? Ive bought one exactly like urs on ur pics above. Im trying to get a grinder and welder to shorted the hanger on the box so it sits tighter up in my 4motion valance like, so isnt on yet.

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
« Reply #2071 on: 19 April 2010, 22:58 »
Dave is ur exhaust a sportex? Ive bought one exactly like urs on ur pics above. Im trying to get a grinder and welder to shorted the hanger on the box so it sits tighter up in my 4motion valance like, so isnt on yet.

Umm not sure, mine came off a punto  :lipsrsealed: Twin 3" inward rolled

Made my own hangers for it and TBH i dont think i have a chance in hell of moving it over the 4/5/6 inches to get it under a 4mo valance after investigating  :cry:

This was posted by Richw911 http://bambergvr6.50megs.com/golfivrear4mo.htm might help :afro: not for me though!
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19

Offline CraigDavieBeattie

• I live here
  • Golf mk5 Sport Tdi 4motion
« Reply #2072 on: 19 April 2010, 23:03 »
Had a look there, Doesnt really help. My valance is on like, Just need to have my exhaust modded so it sits nice and tight up into the groove as if i put it on normally then it sits below underneath the valance which i dont like. Doesnt look anywhere near normal look. I havent seen another golf yet apart from urs there with the same style of backbox. Looks good i must say!

Offline Dave_IOW

• Forum addict
« Reply #2073 on: 19 April 2010, 23:26 »
Thank you! Im guna have a go at raising mine about 20mm up i think, just to get it tucked in.

Without having to make a weird bit of exhaust pipe to bring it over 4/5/6 inches to get it in the cutout, i would honestly have no chance with my mountings but hope you can squeeze it up and take lots of pics to show me how its done :afro:
Project: Mk2 20vT trackslag
Daily: Mk2 GTI typ19

Offline inivid

• Not said much yet
  • US Spec. MkIV
« Reply #2074 on: 20 April 2010, 00:50 »
inivid, looks like you get some damn good picture opportunities  :cool:

Thanks!  The pics near the EMP and Space Needle were taken after a fresh wash, detail and wax.  I put away all of my detailing stuff and went for a drive.  It was around 1 in the morning, so I could pretty much go where I wanted without hassle.  I took a bunch of pictures that night, but have no clue where I put them.  I only have those from my Photobucket account.  The picture overlooking the Puget Sound is one of my favorites.  I only wish I had coil overs do bring the ride height down, so the car didn't look so damned ridiculous.  There's so many incredible places here in Germany to take photos.  I already have a few locations in mind, for after my car arrives.   :smiley:

Offline jimmy1888

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2075 on: 20 April 2010, 15:49 »
thought i would post up some new pics :smiley:

hope these work :grin:

jim :smiley:

Offline DarkGti

• I live here
« Reply #2076 on: 20 April 2010, 15:58 »
very nice! best colour as well :cool:

Offline jimmy1888

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2077 on: 20 April 2010, 17:07 »
cheers bud :smiley:

it was washed about 30 minutes before those pics were taken, im blaming the marks on the icelandic ash :grin:

Offline DarkGti

• I live here
« Reply #2078 on: 20 April 2010, 17:31 »
i spent about 6hrs cleaning mine on sunday only to wake up for work the next day to find it covered in ASH! gerrrrr!

Offline jimmy1888

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2079 on: 20 April 2010, 18:43 »
i spent about 6hrs cleaning mine on sunday only to wake up for work the next day to find it covered in ASH! gerrrrr!

Snap! gave it the 3 stage mequires treatment and it lasted shiney for a day :grin: