Author Topic: What do you use yours for?....  (Read 4384 times)

Dinky

Re: What do you use yours for?....
« Reply #20 on: 04 April 2008, 18:16 »
Hypermonkey you just made me :drool:

Dinx :kiss:

Offline Hypermonkey

• GTI forum regular
  • Only users lose drugs!
« Reply #21 on: 04 April 2008, 23:01 »

Allways happy to please  :wink:

I was VERY lucky to get the car from a guy on Club GTi who had put the car through 5 years of developement to get the car sorted. I've done a fair bit to it to upkeep it and there is allways something to do on it but that's why I got it. I've learnt so much about how a car functions and what things do.
I've got to do all the rear brake set up next week...pistons/cables/shoes and drums...yep still runs on drums  :grin:

Offline leeroy20vt

• I live here
  • h reg mk2 gti
« Reply #22 on: 05 April 2008, 09:20 »
well wen mine is finished it will prob just be a weekend car as i got a mk4 for a daily but am considering a 20vt for it so things could change  :laugh:

Offline maaarcooose

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 05 April 2008, 11:13 »
At the moment it's on the drive, with a wheel off and the caliper hanging off, but I intend to drive it a lot. Just hoping someone buys my beemer so I can pay for it.

Offline Lee_dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 05 April 2008, 11:52 »
Ive just rang my insurance company up to see about getting a weekends cover so I could go and pick one up but they have just told me they dont insure cars that old! they insure me on my MK4 GTI but wouldnt on a MK1... dam  :sad:
Black mk1 2.0 16V - woop

Dinky

« Reply #25 on: 05 April 2008, 12:47 »

Allways happy to please  :wink:

I was VERY lucky to get the car from a guy on Club GTi who had put the car through 5 years of developement to get the car sorted. I've done a fair bit to it to upkeep it and there is allways something to do on it but that's why I got it. I've learnt so much about how a car functions and what things do.
I've got to do all the rear brake set up next week...pistons/cables/shoes and drums...yep still runs on drums  :grin:
drums? :laugh: you mad head...
Yeah I have to agree that when you do start pulling it to bits, you learn more about the car...
not sure If im ever going to do it again, but it is a learning curve! :smiley:

Offline Hypermonkey

• GTI forum regular
  • Only users lose drugs!
« Reply #26 on: 05 April 2008, 13:29 »
Ive just rang my insurance company up to see about getting a weekends cover so I could go and pick one up but they have just told me they dont insure cars that old! they insure me on my MK4 GTI but wouldnt on a MK1... dam  :sad:

Try Adrian Flux...they do both my Mk3 16v and the Mk1 with all the mods. If not try A-plan....well try both and play them off for the best quote. Do Flux first and then take £100 or so off when speaking to A-plan and I'll bet they will match it. They play sneakily so why can't we. I did this for my renewal in Feb and got Flux to drop the renewal by £96. They always have £50-100 they can knock off but don't as it will eat into thier bonus  :evil:

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #27 on: 05 April 2008, 14:31 »
...also have a look in the insurance section on here and speak to MartinB at HIC. He'll deffo be able to sort something out.
......now officially dubless.

Offline Lee_dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 05 April 2008, 15:10 »
Oh yea will defo look into them companys come renewal time.  I cant afford to switch at the moment as Halifax gave me such a good deal for this year so it looks likw ill either have to wait or invest in a trailer and a towbar
Black mk1 2.0 16V - woop

Offline rustys_mk1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 08 April 2008, 23:32 »
use mine as a daily (1.3 driver) 1983 model with 170,000 on it had full engine rebuild bout 20,000 miles ago. and the only times it did break down it was a side of the road fix!  :grin: