Author Topic: MK1 Rewire Help  (Read 17547 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: MK1 Rewire Help
« Reply #20 on: 14 April 2010, 23:02 »
OK so heres the next round.  :smiley:

1. Above the oil filter there appears to be a sender, the bit at middle right with a white ring, it doesnt look like anything can connect to it.  what is it and should there be a wire?

2. Although i haven't managed to wire up the cold start valve i always noticed that i have two plugs in this area, one of which can barely reach.  the blue one was the one that was always plugged in, the other was never plugged into anything, any idea what its for?

3. not important but i am having to fabricate stuff as my new looms dont have everything my old looms did... this additional relay was in my old box but was not wired to anything when i got the car back... i looked up the part number which came back as a compressor relay! what else could it have been for?

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
« Reply #21 on: 15 April 2010, 14:39 »
1 - high oil pressure switch. 1.8 bar

2 - blue = cold start, black = auxilery air valve basically 8v k-jet equivilant of isv

3 - could be anything really, just a switching relay i think. ive seen it listed for fan after run before. what colour are all the wires to it?
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #22 on: 15 April 2010, 21:05 »
1 - high oil pressure switch. 1.8 bar
i'm guessing this should be wired.  I have one spare wire in the bay with an oval connector. brown/white wire?  i thought this may be an earth to rocker cover or something?

2 - blue = cold start, black = auxilery air valve basically 8v k-jet equivilant of isv
should it be connected to something, i dont believe it ever was?

3 - could be anything really, just a switching relay i think. ive seen it listed for fan after run before. what colour are all the wires to it?
I think you're right.  she did have quite a few non standard extra's orignally.  the wires are just reds, browns and blacks.  It may have been for the extra fog lights, headlight washers or something?? if its just a switching relay i'll reuse for something... like the bottom lights.   :grin:

Thanks again mate

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
« Reply #23 on: 16 April 2010, 09:39 »
1. yeah you should have at least 1 oil pressure wire somewhere, with a spade on. Depending on the spec/year some had 2 pressure wires for both low & high. Either way the wire you're looking for will be yellow or blue. the brown wire with a ring terminal is an earth, run it to the head somewhere.

2. early models i dont think had the aav, if car runs alright then dont worry. the aav is plumbed in behind the inlet somewhere

3. dont worry about it unless something doesnt work!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #24 on: 16 April 2010, 09:58 »
1.  hmmm, well everything is used up, no spares?? i'm not near the car at the mo but i'm sure there is a yellow used on the right side of the head just under the rocker cover where there is another sender... might have to make a wire then.  That ring connector earth, I did put that to one of rocker cover nuts originally as I though it might help cure my fuel and temp gauges reading max all the time... it didnt. :-(

2.  I'll have a prooper look behind the head and see if there is anything there, but like you said its probably not used and I dont ever rememeber it being connected before the smash....

3.  there were loads of extra relays above the original box and this was the only one i couoldnt figure out it what it was for... no biggie at the mo.

Offline Lee_dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 16 April 2010, 12:20 »
could that relay be for the rear wiper?
Black mk1 2.0 16V - woop

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
« Reply #26 on: 16 April 2010, 13:29 »
1. there should be a single blue wire for that front sensor somewhere, keep your eyes peeled. makje sure you havent fitted it to the oil temp sensor!

3. I think lee has got it! the glass fusebox  had the rear wiper relay clipped above the fusebox :)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #27 on: 16 April 2010, 18:08 »
could that relay be for the rear wiper?
1. there should be a single blue wire for that front sensor somewhere, keep your eyes peeled. makje sure you havent fitted it to the oil temp sensor!

3. I think lee has got it! the glass fusebox  had the rear wiper relay clipped above the fusebox :)

1.  OK, now i am in the process of putting it all in tidy i shall shall trace the correct wire and see where its gone!

3.  Thanks lee, that would make sense as the rear only needs a switching relay... Plus, i dont need it as I de-wipered it years ago.

Offline Lee_dub

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 16 April 2010, 21:56 »
Can I have it then? I need one at the moment!
Black mk1 2.0 16V - woop

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
MK1 Rewire Help (Fuel Gauge)
« Reply #29 on: 10 May 2010, 22:24 »
as you will se in my dub rides section ive installed the dash and wired everything up properly... I have now managed to get the temp gauge working (i think).  Fuel gauge is still reading maz witht hte ignition on... i'm 90 % sure it started doing this before the rewire. any ideas of what he cause can be... i have checked for loose earths...