Author Topic: 1.8t conversion questions  (Read 1166 times)

Offline minimat

• GTI forum regular
1.8t conversion questions
« on: 15 February 2012, 23:17 »
Well since I've not got the time to do it, my mk1 is going into the garage next week for the conversion doing. I've bought the mounts from crazyquiffs along with 02j gearbox mount as I fancy a nice hydro clutch. Also got conversion for pedal box. Plan on using mk4 cable change aswell.

I've got a few questions, firstly driveshafts. Everyone keeps saying use 100mm late cabby shafts, then others say 90mm ones have been used? Where is this measurement taken from? Is it the diameter of the joint at the gearbox end? What will a standard 1.1 have? Also there is talk of changing drive flanges on the box? Are these too big? What do they need changing too?

Next up is fuel pump. As my car was originally a 1.1 il need to fit a proper pump. Now I have the pump from my mk4 donor, has anyone ever retrofitted one to a mk1 tank? Just seems logical as it only requires the one pump, is obviously up to job and is easily replaceable

Thanks in advance, I'm sure there'll be more as it progresses

Mat

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: 1.8t conversion questions
« Reply #1 on: 27 February 2012, 13:55 »
Might be worth your while getting in touch with travisreeve or F17 BAD (Brad) as they are both in the process of the same conversion.