Author Topic: 16v manifold  (Read 2268 times)

Offline wayders

• GTI forum regular
  • Built by the germans, thrashed by the british!
16v manifold
« on: 17 October 2011, 18:52 »
 :angry: :angry: Time for new manifold for my 9a conversion as the sh!te Ashley one I got on the cheap when I changed the engine is now cracked in several places and I'm sick of havin it welded up :sick:!!! Ok so do I go for 4-2-1 or 4-1, been told I should go with the 4-2-1 and if so which brand should I go with, baring in mind issues with touching drive-shafts, steering rack etc (which I initially had with the Ashley 4-1 I currently have) any help, advice etc much appreciated... :laugh: :laugh:

Offline raferackstraw

• I live here
Re: 16v manifold
« Reply #1 on: 17 October 2011, 19:08 »
i got a dubpower 4-1 from storm developements about 2 months ago. fitted perfectly to my kr engine and no clearance issues, comes with a connecting pipe but it cost 350  :tongue:

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

Offline wayders

• GTI forum regular
  • Built by the germans, thrashed by the british!
« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2011, 21:21 »
Spoke to them earlier bud, they do it £292 delivered now!

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2011, 23:41 »
Do supersprint still make one  :undecided:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #4 on: 18 October 2011, 01:06 »
Do supersprint still make one  :undecided:

I VERY seriously recommend a Supersprint if you kind find one.  Mines never cracked, it's done over 100k and is more than 20 years old!

This look right for yours?

http://www.supersprint.com/en/prod-c-143-6563-10482-manifold.aspx
« Last Edit: 18 October 2011, 01:09 by SoundillusioN »

Offline raferackstraw

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 18 October 2011, 19:06 »
shaun your right in a way but when they made yours back then they took care and produced quality items, i have read a few threads now where there have been fit and clearance issues, so personally i would be wary, i was thinking of getting one but then  contacted dubpower and got a no quibble gaurantee of cash back if there were problems

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #6 on: 18 October 2011, 21:15 »
shaun your right in a way but when they made yours back then they took care and produced quality items, i have read a few threads now where there have been fit and clearance issues, so personally i would be wary, i was thinking of getting one but then  contacted dubpower and got a no quibble gaurantee of cash back if there were problems

Like most things then,  good when in their prime... Came close to thinking I'd need to bin my system recently as one section is a bit fecked bug decided fixing it was best.

Oh well, it seems supersprint still list an option but your recommendation seems like a safer bet. How long have you been rining yours for?
« Last Edit: 19 October 2011, 10:59 by SoundillusioN »

Offline raferackstraw

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 19 October 2011, 08:39 »
the mani i bought happen to be exactly the same as my old one, but the old one had a crack, i think that they were probably made by the same people but company names have changed, the old one had been on for approx 15 years, and i think the only reason it cracked is because it had been heat wrapped,
that supersprint one for 393euro looks nice but seems a bit steep  :wink: