Author Topic: A few Qs: rinse, alloys, fibres and laundry  (Read 2393 times)

Offline stealthwolf

• I live here
A few Qs: rinse, alloys, fibres and laundry
« on: 10 October 2008, 17:51 »
Posted this over on DW but no replies so figured I'd see what you guys would have to say.

Had yesterday off so decided to detail car. Woke up late and started late. Didn't manage to get the collinite on :(

Alloys - used megs hot rims wheel cleaner on them with an alloy brush thing. Most of the gunk came off with the brushing and a rinse but there was still some dirt on there. Managed to wipe it clean with MF cloth, but there were some marks and bits of dirt that were too difficult to remove, even with direct rubbing.

What's the best way to remove baked on dirt from alloys

Then used DoDo Juice Born to be Mild shampoo. Worked well. Two lambswool mitts (one for upper and one for lower parts of body).

When rinsing the lambswool mitt in the rinse bucket, are you meant to squeeze the mitt or just shake it about in the water?

Need to buy a gritguard at some point. Pat dried with miracle drying towel and then clayed using megs smooth surface clay kit. Some fibres from the MF cloth were left on the surface. I managed to ease the problem by spritzing the cloth with detailing spray until it was moist.

Is there a way to stop fibres from being left on the car?

Then went for AG EGP. Applied it a bit too thick in some areas and the sun came out strong so started buffing after 10-15 mins using a MF cloth moistened with detailing spray. Wanted to seal the alloys using PB's sealant but because they aren't 100% clean, I'm gonna wait until next week and have another go at them. The sun was too high in the sky for collinite.

Rags are all ready to go in the wash but Is there a better way to wash the used rags/mf cloths etc in the machine? Previously have used whites setting at 90*C.

Offline Top Cat

• I live here
Re: A few Qs: rinse, alloys, fibres and laundry
« Reply #1 on: 10 October 2008, 18:33 »
Advice ive read on here about washing your clothes is gentle machine wash with no softener or conditioner i seem to remember StevePG doing a extensive write up on his laundry habits. it was a detailed detail of his detailing stuff.  :laugh:

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 10 October 2008, 22:22 »
Advice ive read on here about washing your clothes is gentle machine wash with no softener or conditioner i seem to remember StevePG doing a extensive write up on his laundry habits. it was a detailed detail of his detailing stuff.  :laugh:

Oi Cat Man everywhere I go on the forum I see my name being mentioned  :laugh: :laugh:

But the Cat Man is right stealth, the microfibers should be washed without softener but with detergent.

I use the Sonus Der Wunder Wasche stuff instead of normal detergent and it does make a difference on the Costco yellow MF clothes I use.

PS - Don't use it as a shampoo like TopCat did, look what happened to him: -

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #3 on: 10 October 2008, 22:28 »

Oi Cat Man everywhere I go on the forum I see my name being mentioned  :laugh: :laugh:

But the Cat Man is right stealth, the microfibers should be washed without softener but with detergent.

I use the Sonus Der Wunder Wasche stuff instead of normal detergent and it does make a difference on the Costco yellow MF clothes I use.

PS - Don't use it as a shampoo like TopCat did, look what happened to him: -

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

and dont use it NEAT

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 10 October 2008, 22:33 »
Also, I have just been sent this one from Mrs Top Cat from when he tried to bath in it: -

:laugh: :laugh:

NewGolf

« Reply #5 on: 11 October 2008, 09:40 »
PMSL Those pics of TC were real funny! Spat my cup of tea out laughing!!!!

That pic of TC with just his gloves and socks on, ewwwww!

By the way, use this to wash your MF cloth's, its really good

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/microfibre-cloths/microfibre-wash-/prod_209.html