Author Topic: A day with Blue Graphite GTi  (Read 4158 times)

Panthera

A day with Blue Graphite GTi
« on: 11 March 2012, 14:14 »
Yesterday I gave my GTi a complete detail....

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=255720

the results may be of benefit for people wanting to know what PoorBoys Nattys is like....

Offline Murrayedition35

• I live here
  • Edition 35 3dr Manual - Deep Black.
Re: A day with Blue Graphite GTi
« Reply #1 on: 11 March 2012, 18:51 »
Yes you had a lot of work...but well worth it...good job. :cool:

Offline Gene Hunt.

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 11 March 2012, 19:25 »
Love the colour & top job. You'r alloys look like mine tho,need to remove the old wheel weight tape  :embarassed: any ideas on the best way?.
Candy White ED35.

Panthera

« Reply #3 on: 13 March 2012, 19:48 »
I need to remove my wheel weight tape.  I would use either Auto Glym tar remover and a cloth and a bit of elbow grease or something like wonder wheels.

Offline Mr Savage

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 13 March 2012, 23:49 »
Looks absolutely stunning mate, really good job, fancy doing another?  :laugh:

What did you cover up and with what when doing under the hood?
Current - MK7 Golf GTI - Tornado Red, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Dynamic Chasis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Discover Navigation, Dynaudio.

On Order - MK7 Golf R - Pearlescent Black, 3 Door, DSG, Vienna Leather, Discover Nav Pro, Rear View Camera, High Beam Assist, Keyless Entry, Dynaudio (Tech Pack)

All gone.

Now;

MK7 Golf R - Lapiz Blue, 5 Door, DSG, Carbon Nappa, Discover Nav Pro.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 14 March 2012, 00:25 »
I need to remove my wheel weight tape.  I would use either Auto Glym tar remover and a cloth and a bit of elbow grease or something like wonder wheels.

you'd be much better of using something like Autosmart Tardis, more cost effective and actually does the job its supposed to do :wink:

nice work on the detail  :cool:

Panthera

« Reply #6 on: 14 March 2012, 17:58 »
Looks absolutely stunning mate, really good job, fancy doing another?  :laugh:

What did you cover up and with what when doing under the hood?

All I covered up was the alternator with a Sainsbury's orange carrier bag :)   I did not drench the engine bay, just a quick pressure spray.

Panthera

« Reply #7 on: 14 March 2012, 17:59 »

you'd be much better of using something like Autosmart Tardis, more cost effective and actually does the job its supposed to do :wink:

I must get some Autosmart Tardis to try.

Thanks for the compliment on my detail.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 14 March 2012, 22:57 »
Yesterday I gave my GTi a complete detail....

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=255720

the results may be of benefit for people wanting to know what PoorBoys Nattys is like....

Cracking job pal....if a jobs worth doing, it's worth doing properly and you sure did that!! :wink:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Gene Hunt.

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 16 March 2012, 15:32 »

............thanks for that :smiley:. Had a quick look on the net & that big 5 litre can would last me a lifetime  :grin: can you get any smaller bottles or would anybody like to sell me say a 1litre bottle ?. :rolleyes:
Candy White ED35.